Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Resetting my password

havingtrouble
Follower

Resetting my password

Has anyone else had trouble logging back into their mobile app after resetting the password? I must have reset it dozens of times over the past month and no luck. I have no problem logging back in from my desktop. This is extremely strange and frustrating. There's no email address listed for customer service and don't feel like subscribing for a fee to resolve this weird bug. 

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 7
Emitch
Aspirant

Re: Resetting my password

yes I am having the same issue I can login in on my desktop but not on my app, and Im so confused as to what to do

Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition
Message 2 of 7
mtfoerster
Aspirant

Same here.
I reinstalled the app twice and factory reset the hardware. No luck.
Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello,

I would recommend using the following link to open a support case regarding the Nighthawkapp: https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx. To open a support case, please follow the steps below.

1. Select "Get help on my NETGEAR product"

2. Select your country

3. Select "I have a NETGEAR product without a serial number"

4. In the dropdown menu, please select "Nighthawk App" as the product

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 7
mtfoerster
Aspirant

Hey thanks Christian.  I did those four steps that you mentioned in your reply.  After I chose Nighthawk App (step 4) I was not given the option to open a help ticket.  Could you tell me how to do that.  I bought a contract and that is most certainly in my profile so it is not that I need to have a contract.  How do I open a help ticket? 

Mike

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 5 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mike,

May you send me a private message with your email address and contact info. I'll see if our support team can reach out to you.

Christian 

Message 6 of 7
mtfoerster
Aspirant

This post is a copy & paste of a message with a support dude.  I certainly appreciate the contact but I think the community can benefit from the work-around mentioned below.  I also want the world to know that the app still does not work.  I have installed the latest firmware but that has not fixed the problem of inability to log-in (by the way you need to log-in to download the firmware so that was a fail).

Hi.  I spent Saturday morning on a support call.  Two gentlement could not help me and transferred me.  The one "transfer" was just hanging up.  I spent an hour and thirty-eight minutes on the phone with Ban who was good.  He seemed better than the typical expert who can only do a factory reset.  We did a work around where we did the factory reset then updated the firm where to version ...128.  Further work around is that we did not use the app but used 192.1.1.250 in the browser to get to some app functionality (that is what let us do the firmware update).   

I still cannot sign-in through the app so this is not fully resolved.  I deleted the app from my apps.  Then I deleted the app from my nonfunctional app library.  My phone is android and I guess that is where they mothball apps in case a user decides to use them again (or it is where they keep them so they can still collect information???)  Anyway, after double deleting the app from my phone I reinstalled it and as mentioned before - I still cannot log-in to the app.   It is nice again to have a working extended.  Previously the extender's speed had falled to 1-5 mbps.  It is now up to comparable with my rounder (about 100 mbps).  That is a major relief otherwise I would have to trash the hardware. 

Even with the relief, though, I consider the support experience to be a failure because I still cannot log into the app.  Ban was great.  The other nominal experts were not very expert.   Please let me know how I can get it so I can log into the app.  The 192 work around is a work around. Look... at the end of the day one must consider the cost of a support contract when buying hardware.  The cost of Netgear's support contracts make them not competitive... if this is going to continue.  Somewhat of a rant but I think it is the truth.

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7