Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung note 9 will connect but no internet available R7800 has to be wifi as works everywhere else?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Samsung note 9 will connect but no internet available R7800 has to be wifi as works everywhere else?

Phone works at work but as soon as home no wifi annoyingly it's only certain apps I've reset router, modem, phone and extender with no joy changed nearly all setting and change back also checked for firmware updates. Nothing has helped!! Everything else works apart from my note 9
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
DHOLYABHAI
Aspirant

Re: Samsung note 9 will connect but no internet available R7800 has to be wifi as works everywhere e

HI ,

There is a simple solution to this problem. I have been dealing with this issue since i bought Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and have tried everything that is said on internet and other fourms about this. There is some kind of security used in Note 9 to connect to wifi. I am no Pro in this but when i use Whatsapp Calls, Youtube Videos, Instagram App or similar specific things on Note 9 The internet connectivity drops but the wifi is still connected. All other devices on wifi works well. Note 9 connection resets itself while being connected to wifi and internet connectivity rusumes on the device in couple of minutes. Another way i used to resume connectivity is to disconnect and reconnect to the same wifi. But recently found a solution to this.

Solution:

Follow this procedure on your Note 9 or any other Samsung Device with such issue (Noob-Proof).

1. Turn on Developer Mode (May Vary on other Devices)

i.Open settings

ii.Go to About Phone

iii.Click on Software Information

iv. Rapidly Tap on Build Number

2. You will get a Notification Saying Developer Mode Activated.

3.Go Back to the screen where you clicked on About phone. Scroll Down and you will find Developer Options. Click on it.

4. Find Wifi Safe mode Option and turn it On.

5. Have Normal life Back Again. Smiley Happy

It Worked for me. Hope it does for you too. Heart

Note 9 is on Andoid Version 9, One UI 1.0

View solution in original post

Model: WNR614|N300 Wireless Router
Message 12 of 13

All Replies

Re: Samsung note 9 will connect but no internet available R7800 has to be wifi as works everywhere e

@Retired_Member wrote:
Everything else works apart from my note 9

This suggests that the router's wifi is just fine. The problem is with the Note 9.

The router isn't likely to single out this device for maltreatment.

Have you told it to forget the wifi connection to the router and set it up again from scratch?

Message 2 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes I have tried that it works on all the other wifi I have tried and is only some apps like Amazon and Ebay some parts and this is the 3rd Samsung I have tried brand new all doing the same thing exactly on this wifi only and it all also works on mobile data thanks for the reply this has been going on for weeks with s9+'s and this note 9
Message 3 of 13
pec967
Luminary

What happens if you disable MU-MIMO on R7800?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 4 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Havnt tried that actually, will try that when I get home tomorrow however an update before I left I turned my phones secure wifi protect or something on and that seems to have sorted it short term but I cant use this all the time!
Message 5 of 13
JChicago
Aspirant

I just upgraded both my phones one to S9+ and other Note9 and both are having the same issues. They connect to Netgear but get wifi with exclamation so no data is being transfared. Yet all my other devices connect with no problem.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 13

@JChicago wrote:

I just upgraded both my phones one to S9+ and other Note9 and both are having the same issues. They connect to Netgear but get wifi with exclamation so no data is being transfared. Yet all my other devices connect with no problem.

This is your first message – welcome to the funny farm – so we don't have any back story for your issue.

For example, what firmware version do you have on the R7800?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Did the phones woprk before you updated them?

Message 7 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sorry guys couldn't fix it so gave up got new router everything works perfectly now thanks for the ideas .
Thanks
Message 8 of 13
Be1na2
Aspirant

We recently upgraded our router to Nighthawk XR500 and our Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phones will not connect to the internet and we can't make WIFI calls. Our prior router was a Netgear 48 (several years old) and EVERYTHING worked great! Is there any additional information on connecting to this router? I am disappointed that I upgraded my router just to find out that it is useless (at least it is currently unless there is s fix).
Message 9 of 13

@Be1na2 wrote:
We recently upgraded our router to Nighthawk XR500 ....

This discussion is about the R7800, which just happens to share similar hardware to the R7800, but is a very different device. You might get better answers in the appropriate section:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Did you just swap one router for another? (By the way, there is no such things as a Netgear 48.) That is probably not the best strategy. You need to build your network from scratch. For example, it is important to start everything in the right order:

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

You say that your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phones will not connect to the internet. What about other wifi clients?

By the way, you have just joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you want help with your problem, it helps to check all previous stuff that may be related, but then you should start your own discussion. In  this was you can also provide your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

If you do decide to ask a question, you really need to provide more details. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Message 10 of 13
Camjamesj
Aspirant

I find the note 9 is horrible at pinging up addresses.
Open up your PC
1. Press windows button + r
2. Type ipconfig

Note the default gateway address and your laptop ip address (192.168.x.xx)

Then go to the wifi on your phone. Attempt to login once its loading or loaded with no internet long hold the wifi name and press advanced.

Type the default gateway in the gateway field
Type the ip address and add 15 to the end of the ip address (ie laptop is 192.168.1.20 the phone must be 192.168.1.35)

Let me know if it works!
Message 11 of 13
DHOLYABHAI
Aspirant

HI ,

There is a simple solution to this problem. I have been dealing with this issue since i bought Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and have tried everything that is said on internet and other fourms about this. There is some kind of security used in Note 9 to connect to wifi. I am no Pro in this but when i use Whatsapp Calls, Youtube Videos, Instagram App or similar specific things on Note 9 The internet connectivity drops but the wifi is still connected. All other devices on wifi works well. Note 9 connection resets itself while being connected to wifi and internet connectivity rusumes on the device in couple of minutes. Another way i used to resume connectivity is to disconnect and reconnect to the same wifi. But recently found a solution to this.

Solution:

Follow this procedure on your Note 9 or any other Samsung Device with such issue (Noob-Proof).

1. Turn on Developer Mode (May Vary on other Devices)

i.Open settings

ii.Go to About Phone

iii.Click on Software Information

iv. Rapidly Tap on Build Number

2. You will get a Notification Saying Developer Mode Activated.

3.Go Back to the screen where you clicked on About phone. Scroll Down and you will find Developer Options. Click on it.

4. Find Wifi Safe mode Option and turn it On.

5. Have Normal life Back Again. Smiley Happy

It Worked for me. Hope it does for you too. Heart

Note 9 is on Andoid Version 9, One UI 1.0

Model: WNR614|N300 Wireless Router
Message 12 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you did this yesterday and so far so good! Thank you
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7