Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to log into router C7000

rnovak1624
Aspirant

Unable to log into router C7000

Yesterday it was working fine, but today, when i open up the genie software, the router login window pops up.  user name is force to admin which is what i want, but i type in password and press login, and login window disappears for several seconds and then pops up again.   this just repeats and repeats.   i can hit cancel, and i get then view things on the network, but i don't have the option to change anything.   i uninstalled and reinstalled app and still  same thing.  I can go to a browser and log into the router using same admin and password, but would like to use the genie again if possible.  Any ideas what could be going on or is there something better than the genie?

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
additude
Virtuoso

Re: Unable to log into router C7000

There is not a way to "move" it however you can post here with a link to the new post that you have started a new discussion at that location.

However, one thing I would "verify" at this point is that if you return your setup to it's original configuration without the extender will the problem go away or stay.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
rnovak1624
Aspirant

A bit more information.  when I click on the router settings tab, a login window pops up with information filled in, but the login button is greyed out, the cancel button is blue.  cursor spins for several seconds and then wireless settings tab opens, but no information is shown, and a message appears at the top that operation has timed out.  This is on a windows PC that has has the genie installed and running fine for at least a year.

Message 2 of 10

So, the modem router is working OK, but the desktop genie is bust? Is that right?

Is this PC wired to the modem router or using wifi to connect?

These various popup windows, are they a browser? The genie? Something else in Windows networking?

What version is the genie?

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 3 of 10
rnovak1624
Aspirant

the modem router is working fine.  it's just the genie.   This PC is wifi connected.   the popups are within the gene software.   genie version 2.4.62.   i've tried to update, and it tells me i have the latest version.   This software used to work great for a year.   I recently installed a netgear ac1900 wifi mesh extender, model no ex6400 and after doing that is when the issues with genie started.  Yesterday morning, the genie software was functioning normal and no popups and i had full access.   This morning, back to the popups and basically only view authority.

Message 4 of 10
rnovak1624
Aspirant

Is thre a way to move this to the correct section?

Message 5 of 10
additude
Virtuoso

There is not a way to "move" it however you can post here with a link to the new post that you have started a new discussion at that location.

However, one thing I would "verify" at this point is that if you return your setup to it's original configuration without the extender will the problem go away or stay.

Message 6 of 10
rnovak1624
Aspirant

Attitude, it looks like you may have solved my problem.    I unplugged the extender and genie worked.   I then moved the extender farther away from the router, and so far, it's still working.  The extender is on another level of the house, was probably 30 feet away from router.   now it's more like 45 feet away.   Thank you for your help.

Message 7 of 10
additude
Virtuoso

Cool. Is it still working?

A Kudos or Problem Solve is helpfull.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 10
rnovak1624
Aspirant

I checked again this morning, all is working good!  thank you for your help!!!

Message 9 of 10
additude
Virtuoso

Sometimes life is sweet..... other times, not so much 😉

I'm glad it worked out for you!

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation