× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ax4200. Rax43

larrysfishingse
Aspirant

Ax4200. Rax43

Specification says it will run on WPa3 I switched it on the router page and nothing works
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ax4200. Rax43

WPA3 depends on your client devices supporting WPA3. If they don't then they won't connect if the router is set to WPA3. If WPA2/WPA3 is available try that mode. If not, you'll need to set WPA2/AES only.

Message 2 of 5
larrysfishingse
Aspirant

Yeah that's what I said it back to WPA Aes I find it hard to believe that the smart TV smart cameras Bose radio nothing worked oh well that was one of the specifications selling features using the best security thanks for your help
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Will have to ask those Mfrs if there going to implement WPA3. It will be up to them to do that. 

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

@larrysfishingse wrote:
Yeah that's what I said it back to WPA Aes I find it hard to believe that the smart TV smart cameras Bose radio nothing worked oh well that was one of the specifications selling features using the best security thanks for your help

If you use only wpa3, then the devices have to have wpa3 built in. Not many do. Which is the point of mixed wpa2/wpa3 mode if the router supports it. 

the problem with switching to newer wifi protocols is some older devices don't support them. So you either use an older protocol, use a mixed mode, or simple run an old AP for those devices. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7