× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect Google home to Nighthawk AX8 router

smclayjr
Aspirant

Cannot connect Google home to Nighthawk AX8 router

Model RAX75 AX5700

Used at home

Firmware says up to date V1.0.1.70_1.0.20

Cannot connect google home to router.  

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannot connect Google home to Nighthawk AX8 router

What issues are you having? Just saying it doesn't connect doesn't tell us where its failing in the process, whats going on, what you've tried, or pretty much anything. we need details to help you. 

Firmware on your rax? 

what modem are you using? 

Message 2 of 6
smclayjr
Aspirant

RAX75 is correct model but it isn't on the list above. It is an AX8. Serial Number 62719670A0861 Firmware Version V1.0.1.70_1.0.30 I am trying to connect my google home to the internet utilizing my Nighthawk RAX75 router. It was connected previously to a Linksys EA2700 router. I begin with the Google Home app on my iPhone 11. I click on setup device. I choose a home address. The app looks for and finds the google home device. I click next and it begins connecting to the google home. It says did you hear the sound. I answer yes. I agree to the legal terms and to help improve Google home. I tell it the device is in the kitchen. I then select the same wifi 2G network my phone is connected too. It tries to connect and fails saying "something went wrong. Says google home maybe setup but it could not communicate with my phone. It may require a small change to your wifi settings. Any help would be terrific.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

the google home (not mini) is compatible with 5ghz. Have you tried setting it up on that band? 

what modem are you using? 

Message 4 of 6
smclayjr
Aspirant

5ghz doesn't work either.  I get internet into my router from my ISP.  There is no modem.  Clarity Connect points their antennae to their broadcast location a few miles away.  The google home worked great with my previous Linksys router.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Some of these wifi to the home setups have their own router running (corportate) or a small integrated router into the antenna box. 

If this is the case, you could be in a double nat which can cause setup issues. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

have you checked with clarity connect to see if this is the case? 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7