× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ISP says I should be getting 300 Mbs however only getting 100 Mbs

gworley1
Aspirant

ISP says I should be getting 300 Mbs however only getting 100 Mbs

When I plug one PC into my Cable modem and configure the network card on the PC for my static IP - SPEEDTEST by Ookla reports that I am getting 370.68 Mbs down however with my RAX120 I am getting less than 100 Mbs -- last test 90.28 Mbs down.  My upload speed is the same 11.82 Mbs.

Router:

Nighthawk® AX12 RAX120

Firmware:
Router Firmware Version V1.2.8.40

The computer from the connection speed to the router is showing a 1Gbs connection as it is a wired connection using CAT 6e Ethernet cable 10 feet.

Thank you in advance,
George
Message 1 of 6
Kitsap
Master

Re: ISP says I should be getting 300 Mbs however only getting 100 Mbs

@gworley1 wrote:

When I plug one PC into my Cable modem and configure the network card on the PC for my static IP - SPEEDTEST by Ookla reports that I am getting 370.68 Mbs down however with my RAX120 I am getting less than 100 Mbs -- last test 90.28 Mbs down.  My upload speed is the same 11.82 Mbs.

Router:

Nighthawk® AX12 RAX120

Firmware:

The computer from the connection speed to the router is showing a 1Gbs connection as it is a wired connection using CAT 6e Ethernet cable 10 feet.

Thank you in advance,
George

What is the brand name and model number of the upstream cable modem connected to your RAX120?

By chance is it a combination cable modem/router device with several Ethernet output ports?

Message 2 of 6
gworley1
Aspirant

@Kitsap wrote:

@gworley1 wrote:

Router:

Nighthawk® AX12 RAX120

Firmware:

Thank you in advance,
George

What is the brand name and model number of the upstream cable modem connected to your RAX120?

By chance is it a combination cable modem/router device with several Ethernet output ports?

Ubee DVW32CB 4 Ethernet ports.

I have tried all 4 of them.

Event tried the 5G port on the router.

George

Message 3 of 6
microchip8
Master

That's a modem/router and since you didn't mention it, most likely you're in a double NAT situation(1) you should avoid. If you can, put the Ubee in bridge mode. If not, put the RAX router in AP mode.

(1) https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-double-NAT-and-why-is-it-bad
Message 4 of 6

@gworley1 wrote:

Ubee DVW32CB 4 Ethernet ports.

This might be useful:

ubee dvw32cb bridge mode - Google Search

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

You might check what the router is showing the lan/wan port connections at. maybe the computer is saying gigabit but the router isn't. (shouldn't work that way but stranger things have happened). 

How do I display Internet port statistics on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7