× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My Xbox has been having serious problems

Cdb1018
Aspirant

My Xbox has been having serious problems

My Xbox will not stay on port 3074 and performs horrible online. I have tried port forwarding but it didn’t solve anything. I can get it on to port 3074 but when I go back into settings it switches to a different port by itself.
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 14
plemans
Guru

Why do you want it on port 3074? 

maybe going over all whats going on and why you're attempting to do this might help? It might not be an issue that needs port forwarding. 

What firmware is on your router?

What modem is it connected to ?

this would also be your forum for the R8000

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Message 2 of 14
Cdb1018
Aspirant

Firmware is V1.0.4.46_10.1.63 and I have spoken to Microsoft and my internet provider and they both mentioned port forwarding.
Message 3 of 14
plemans
Guru

@Cdb1018 wrote:
Firmware is V1.0.4.46_10.1.63 and I have spoken to Microsoft and my internet provider and they both mentioned port forwarding.

Why? What issue are you having? 

And what modem are you using? 

Message 4 of 14
Cdb1018
Aspirant

The online performance has been really bad, basically unplayable. I don’t have it connected to a modem.
Message 5 of 14
plemans
Guru

the router is running off something. Its hooked to something. Whats it hooked to? 

what speeds do you pay for?

What speeds do you get hardwired into the router?

Is your xbox hardwired in or wireless?

Message 6 of 14
Cdb1018
Aspirant

It is only hooked to our Ethernet cable and an outlet for power. The Xbox is wireless and I have not tried wired
Message 7 of 14
plemans
Guru

1. try wired. if your trying to game on 2.4ghz in an apartment, you're probably getting a lot of interfernce. 2.4ghz is sensitive to interference because it has less channels available.

2. That ethernet cord terminates somewhere. If you're isp has a router hooked to that, you could still be in a double nat which can cause issues with gaming. 

Does the router still function properly in AP mode? if so, it means the ethernet you're hooking to your router has a routing device on the other end of it. 

Message 8 of 14
Cdb1018
Aspirant

I’m not in an apartment and I’m on the 5ghz channel. Also my NAT type is open, my isp was able to fix that and bridge the connection.
Message 9 of 14
plemans
Guru

Its quite frequent for ISP "bridge mode" to not function properly.

Did you try it wired? 

Message 10 of 14
Cdb1018
Aspirant

With my setup wired is not really an option. Do you recommend I try AP mode or no?
Message 11 of 14
plemans
Guru

You'd have to have your isp switch your setup off bridged mode if they truly did put it in bridge mode

Message 12 of 14
Cdb1018
Aspirant

They did not say anything about putting it in bridge mode, the guy said he bridged the connection between the Xbox and router.
Message 13 of 14
plemans
Guru

@Cdb1018 wrote:
They did not say anything about putting it in bridge mode, the guy said he bridged the connection between the Xbox and router.

Then try it in ap mode. 

If it doesn't work, then you can take it back out of ap mode. 

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7