× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 Router (RAX80) - Can only hear clicking / ticking sounds when plugged in p

Veggur
Follower

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 Router (RAX80) - Can only hear clicking / ticking sounds when plugged in power

Hi

On 26. August 2021 my Nighthawk AX8 router just stopped working all of a sudden. I noticed that there was no light indication on the router and the only thing I could hear from it was a faint clicking or ticking sound. I tried to unplug it couple of times and reset it but with no avail. I had the latest firmware version installed.

I'm not sure what I can do now since the warranty just expired. I don't know wheter this can be fixed or not.

I purchased the router for 350$ in Februar 2020 and I would expect such a premium router would last more than 1.5 years. I am deeply disappointed.

Regards
Veggur

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 Router (RAX80) - Can only hear clicking / ticking sounds when plugged i...

Hello Veggur

I would still contact support and tell them the router died they still may be able to RMA the unit.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Devilstrider
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 Router (RAX80) - Can only hear clicking / ticking sounds when plugged in p

Why does this router have so many issues?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series