× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETWORK connects--no INTERNET

Bodo1870
Aspirant

NETWORK connects--no INTERNET

PROFILE NETWORD OBSSID : ORBI 158 ASK FOR SECURITY KEY . NETWORK KEY ON ROUTER LABEL IS A PASSWORD THAT ALWAYS RETURNS ERROS FOR 'WIRELESS SECURITY PASSWORD"  DAYS AND NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS OR WHERE??

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

You can hardwire a pc/laptop into the router and view/change the ssid. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23439/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-s-WiFi-password-or-network-name-SSID

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What model router or NG product do you have? 

Not need to yell, we can hear you. 

@Bodo1870 wrote:

PROFILE NETWORD OBSSID : ORBI 158 ASK FOR SECURITY KEY . NETWORK KEY ON ROUTER LABEL IS A PASSWORD THAT ALWAYS RETURNS ERROS FOR 'WIRELESS SECURITY PASSWORD"  DAYS AND NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS OR WHERE??

Message 3 of 5
Bodo1870
Aspirant

SSID : ORBI158 label ssid, NETWORD KEY [ password,] serial number, MAC

NETWORK PASTELCREAM194. In its Profile wants    'wireless security password"   does not like above an gives error. Obi158 is shown as network connected--no internet--when connected the router network 2GH & 5GH GO DOWN--THE 1ST try at orbi went to Blue light off the modem--NOW JUST blink white then sttops white rim & has ben reset a # of times--does it have the moden signal--one reply said yes--?Netgear password = password--error again. My computer times out on 10.0.0.2 will go Netgear routers use http://www.routerlogin.com. /orbilogin.com:

If you are using a VPN connection or a custom IP range ?????, type your Gateway IP address on the browser to access your Orbi. The default Gateway IP address of your Orbi is 192.168.1.1.it goes to linksys?

I got A phone to get the APP, a SAmsung51--need to watch U-Tube to shut it off, App failed at some point--did not try again. Good U-Tube on this model but App was different some point indicate X-infinity as source and go there for any instruction, then back to Netgear App--the app I got has no ref. to X-infinity selection as source- for reboot or some such.-it's X for years, but family memeber wanted TV so changed plan. This is 4-plex-alll attached & family members : me studio have installation line, modem, router at back and line to 2 1 bdrms[back]--House [front] has no signal main like but on an extender can get internet to a computer but only on Lan line not by wireless--did not have phone to get 'App. then-so set-up via computer--not quite right but well enough--extender can not get to main room where TV takes wireless / also Roku--so the idea of Orbi was to get wireless there or just do LAN LINE LIKE EXTENDER? i HAVE A LONG, LONG LINE THAT probably won't reach and has long way to go through an attic where studs are fkoor boarded so where to drill? Well aux. router and line out would reach but no power in attic--so, Orbi. Hate the SAMSUGN PHONE.--will get app again--as one in now gets nowhere. Out of my depth.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What model router or NG product do you have? Is this a Orbi system? RBK##? 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7