× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Modem working RAX Router is not!

AMG63Dave
Follower

Netgear Modem working RAX Router is not!

Spectrum checked modem everything fine with modem, RAX50 all lights are good rebooted, reset 10 times, on chat with the cable company for an hour. On my wifi only one of my 4 RAX50 connections shows up in 2G. Never had this problem but today NO power loss but the cable TV and internet were down for 6 hours for repair. I have never had this problem before, I can not log into my router as I get an error and this is the first time that has happened also!!!!!!

Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Netgear Modem working RAX Router is not!

@AMG63Dave wrote:

Spectrum checked modem everything fine with modem, RAX50 all lights are good rebooted, reset 10 times, on chat with the cable company for an hour. On my wifi only one of my 4 RAX50 connections shows up in 2G. Never had this problem but today NO power loss but the cable TV and internet were down for 6 hours for repair. I have never had this problem before, I can not log into my router as I get an error and this is the first time that has happened also!!!!!!

When you say "reset 10 times", specifically how did your accomplish this task?  Did you use the on/off switch, pull the power cord, or use the recessed reset button on the back of the device while the power was on?

Presuming you used the recessed reset button, did you reconfigure the device from scratch or did you import a previously saved  configuration file?

If you reconfigured the device, did you use a mobile device with the Nighthawk application or did you connect to the user interface with a computer and use a web browser to work your way through the configuration?  Connect the computer how, over Wi-Fi or with an Ethernet cable?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Modem working RAX Router is not!

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

@AMG63Dave wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series