× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear RAX20 NAS fstab mount issue Ubuntu - Anyone know full directory of drive?

adeezl
Aspirant

Netgear RAX20 NAS fstab mount issue Ubuntu - Anyone know full directory of drive?

Hey guys, I just upgraded my old Xiaomi R3G router to the Netgear RAX20 ax1800 wifi6 router. I always use my router's usb port to host storage of my media for plex. I use an Intel NUC running Ubuntu 20.10 to run Plex. I have always perma mounted the router NAS to my Ubuntu NUC via fstab to /media/plex on boot.

Does anyone know what the actual drive's location is on these Negear rax20 routers for the USB port? I have included the fstab (my rax20's IP is 10.1.1.111). I have tried many options like \\ax1800\rax20 etc, which can be mounted manually in ubuntu, but not in fstab since it requires the exact location. Do these go by the IP or what? Thanks in advance for any info.

rax20.jpg

fstab.jpgrax20share.jpg

Message 1 of 3
adeezl
Aspirant

Re: Netgear RAX20 NAS fstab mount issue Ubuntu - Anyone know full directory of drive?

Finally figured it out.. there is no need for extensions

it's just cleanly //10.1.1.111/rax20

yup

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello adeezl,

Thanks for providing an update to your post as it may possibly help others in the future.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series