× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network crashes after upgrading my Galaxy Note 10+ to Android 10

thomasyim02
Aspirant

Network crashes after upgrading my Galaxy Note 10+ to Android 10

Recently, I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ to Android 10. I discovered that the network connection between my smartphone and RAX80 is unstable. Then I searched related issue on Google and found something similar like this (AX mode no longer works after galaxy s10/s10+ Android 10 update). Although this article is from TP-Link, is it possible that similar compatibility issue happens on NETGEAR's product (e.g. RAX80)?

I did a ping test between my laptop with an Intel AX200 and google.com plus a ping test between my laptop and my smartphone as shown in this (link). Even my laptop locates right beside the router. The connection speed is 6Mbps with WiFi ax mode, which is abnormal. The ping test on the left shows unstable connection between my laptop and my smartphone (192.168.2.15). The ping test on the right shows slightly better but still unstable connection between my laptop and google.com.

Afterwards, I tried downgrading my firmware to V1.0.1.64_1.0.27. The network became stable for 2 days and it started crashing again. Any solutions regarding to this issue?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello thomasyim02, 

Welcome to the community! May you let me know if you have QoS or smart connect enabled. If so, may you try disabling to see if there are any improvements. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
thomasyim02
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I have tried QoS and Smart Connect. Either turned it on or off does not have any improvement regarding to this compatibility issue.

BR,

Thomas

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Thomas, 

We recently released a new firmware version. May you check to see if there is a firmware update using the Nighthawk app or web interface. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 7
thomasyim02
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I have followed your instructions to upgrade it to the latest firmware V1.0.2.76_1.0.35. It worked for 2 days, then the network starts crashing again (more seriously...). I even tried factory reset. It's not working well. Upgrading or downgrading the firmware helps maintain a stable network environment for about 2 days. My network consists of a laptop device with Intel AX200 and a Galaxy Note 10+ with a WiFi AX chip. Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello thomasyim02,

Thanks for confirming. I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further assistance. If you're interested, please send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 6 of 7
thomasyim02
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I have sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Thomas Yim

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors