× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX8 NTP settings not retained

JeffLewis
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX8 NTP settings not retained

I just received this router and while browing through the settings I noticed that the time and date were incorrect. After setting the correct time zone and applying changes it was still showing International Date Line West and should be Pacific Time. Also changed NTP server but it still defaulted to Netgear. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice to have the correct time stamps on the event log.

Thanks in advance. 

Firmware version: V1.0.3.98_1.0.46

Hardware: RAX75

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JeffLewis, 

I have a trial firmware that may help resolve your issue. If you're interested, please send me a private message with your email address and serial number.

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
JeffLewis
Aspirant

Hello,

After upgrading firmware to V1.0.3.102_2.1.46.1, the current time is now correct but the router will still not accept changes to time zone and/or new NTP server settings.

Thanks!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JeffLewis, 

May you perform a factory reset on the router after updating the firmware.

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
paperbag
Tutor

I have the same issue.  The settings are default back to "International Date Line West".  It won't let me set to "Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana".  In my screenshot, I am running as Access Point but this issue happened no matter what I set it to (primary router or access point).  When I flashed back to v1.0.3.88, the issue goes away.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7