× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAX200 Smart Parent Control not fully working

John_B_SE
Follower

Nighthawk RAX200 Smart Parent Control not fully working

I have changed router from R7000 to RAX200. In my old R7000 parent controls with Circle 1st generation app worked perfectly: I could pause whole profiles, blocked some specific applications, add time limits, etc.

Now with RAX200 I am having troubles SETTING APPLICATIONS AS NOT ALLOWED (e.g YouTube, Netflix). I believe that the setup is somehow correct as I am actually able to Pause the specific profile, where all the assigned devices cannot access the internet. I do not have any other filtering (except Adult filter), bedtime, time limits on the profile. As a troubleshoot measure I have created new profiles and validate all the devices Mac addresses, I have also dissable private address on Iphone devices, to avoid having new devices created every day.

I saw in another Netgear chat that Wireless Access Mode could be an issue, so in my case I have Router Mode setup. This was actually the first issue I encountered after RAX200 was recently added to Circle on Netgear router list. I have also read that other routers parent control have had issues with IPv6, but in my case I have my router the IPv6 is dissable.

Is there a special router setup or solution to this issue? Or is there a bug in the RAX200 model.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX200 Smart Parent Control not fully working

You might find mod's and members that are more familar with smart parental controls in that forum. 

NETGEAR Smart Home Parental Controls - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7