× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAXE500 - After latest firmware update v1.0.7.68_2.0.35

alekbrooks
Star

Hey @Christian_R  here is a quick update on this BETA version you've provided.

If you turn off the router or reboot it when "Access Control" is ACTIVATED when the router comes back on, it comes back with every single device connected to it blocked out. I had to reset the router to factory reset to have this feature disabled using it's web GUI.

ANOTHER VERY IMPORTANT POINT TO BE MENTIONED HERE is that the 5Ghz band takes a loooong time to become available.

Can you and your team look into that please?

See the attachment.

*Adding other users using the BETA version: @plemans @Nuegear @highband678 @Adewale 

Message 26 of 46
Bgwolfe78
Tutor

Christian seems to have left the company, is there another Netgear rep on here that I can reach out to in order to get access to the beta firmware?

Message 27 of 46
plemans
Guru

You can try @ChristineT or @DarrenM 

but I haven't seen much beta firmware posted since Christian left. Might be some shuffling going on 

Message 28 of 46
sudo-visudo
Aspirant

I tried to send a PM but the board's software says I've sent to many. This is despite the fact that this is my first.

Please send a copy of the beta version of the latest software, i.e., the once the corrects the access control problem. Email is humb202@aol.com -- router is RAXE500, s/n is 6JX1137JA0620

Thanks

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello Community Users, 

We currently have a beta firmware available that may help resolve this issue. If you're interested in the beta firmware, please send me a private message with your email address and serial number. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Regards,

Christian 

Message 29 of 46
plemans
Guru

You're probably not having much luck with christian as he's no longer with netgear. 

Potentially could try darrenm but I'm not sure if anyone is managing the beta firmware forum anymore since christian left. 

I haven't seen any newer versions of the firmware than whats released. 

Message 30 of 46
sudo-visudo
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

You're probably not having much luck with christian as he's no longer with netgear. 

Potentially could try darrenm but I'm not sure if anyone is managing the beta firmware forum anymore since christian left. 

I haven't seen any newer versions of the firmware than whats released. 

Thanks for replying

So basically that beta version being discussed on the forum either no longer exists or is otherwise inaccessible. That being the case, I have to stick with the next-to-last firmware. As we're all aware, the last version as of today's date (v1.0.7.68_2.0.35) breaks Access Control and therefore cannot be used. Even if you don't use Access Control, running buggy firmware is never a good idea.

Message 31 of 46
Wise12
Aspirant

Where is the beta v1.0.7.69 so that I can resolve the issue of access control not working?

Message 32 of 46
plemans
Guru

@Wise12 ChristianR isn't with netgear anymore. Not sure if any of the mod's are handling the beta forum anymore. I haven't seen any updates in the beta forums since he's left. 

Message 33 of 46
MiracleMan
Tutor

Same problems. This is complete poop. I've spoken to them on the phone. They escalate my call multiple times for over 2 hour wait. The only way I've been able to deal with it is to reset the router, get every freaking device connected, then enable the mac address security through access control. Once that's done I can't add any other devices unless going through the same bullcrap. And the iPhone app gives an error as well "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again". 

NG FIX THIS NOW!

Message 34 of 46
MiracleMan
Tutor

Yes! Exactly the same. And not even on the iPhone

Message 35 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

Contact me privately
Message 36 of 46
matt7277
Aspirant

Also experiencing this with the RAXE500 on latest (publicly available) firmware. Kind of a bummer that Access Control is broken. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly?!

Message 37 of 46
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Matt are you seeing this on the web browser or in the nighthawk app?

Message 38 of 46
matt7277
Aspirant

Hi Darren, thanks for looking into this! I am running the RAXE500 in Access Point mode so I do not believe Access Control presents itself in the Nighthawk app in this configuration. That said, the Access Control page in the Web UI fails to load as expected and seems to timeout as others have reported (same behavior in Firefox, Chrome, Edge, etc) This issue appears to have popped up with the latest firmware update as I was able to use Access control fine before that. 

Message 39 of 46
MiracleMan
Tutor

It happens in both.

For the web if you 'Turn on Access Control'. The access control list is no longer available and logs you out.

For the iPhone app. The access control list can be accessed, but attempting to allow/disallow access gives an error.

Message 40 of 46
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for the info I will get this to the engineers 

Message 41 of 46
RyanMass
Tutor

Good evening Christian, I was hoping you could help me out. I'm having issues with my Netgear Raxe500 access control being broken. I see in the community forum that you have a beta that has been shown to fix this issue. Could you kindly send that to me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,
Ryan M.
Message 42 of 46
plemans
Guru

@RyanMass christian isn't with netgear anymore (retired in the name) and I'm not sure if anyone is managing the beta aspect of the forum anymore. Maybe @DarrenM is but I haven't heard or seen anything on the boards. 

Message 43 of 46
RyanMass
Tutor

Well that's disappointing to hear. Appreciate the quick reply. I'll message the guy you referred me to. Hopefully netgear fixes this issue soon. Especially on a flagship model
Message 44 of 46
alekbrooks
Star

Hello @plemans @DarrenM 

Is there any new/latest beta version of the firmware other than the version: V1.0.8.70_2.0.35?

Message 45 of 46
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 46 of 46
Discussion stats
  • 45 replies
  • 14 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7