× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ongoing difficulties with customer support- zero follow through, supervisors do not call you ba

WHK2
Aspirant

Ongoing difficulties with customer support- zero follow through, supervisors do not call you back.

After years of no issues with NETGEAR upgrading to the RAX70 has been a disaster. It constantly drops the wifi signal in the house. We have work through this with the internet provider -not an issue on their end, and tried to resolve it with NETGEAR support on 3-4 occasions. I have pictures of wifi signal dropped on multiple devices several times.

I have requested a replacement as this occurred within 1 month of purchase. Two months later, I cannot get NETGEAR to honor the RMA and when I call customer service to follow up, I get disconnected, gaslighted, or promised a return phone call from a supervisor or email follow up without and response.

IT IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD.  

Does anyone know how to directly reach a supervisor or American based support from NETGEAR? A relative in the corporation? I would love for someone ELSE to understand or be able to solve this situation. Several hundred dollars- wasted. 

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ongoing difficulties with customer support- zero follow through, supervisors do not call you ba

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

How many devices do you have connected? 

What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

We can offer free help here and troubleshoot. Otherwise, you can try to send a forum moderator a PM and see what they can do. 

@DarrenM 

Message 2 of 6
WHK2
Aspirant

Hi

Firmware is up to date. V.1.0.1.4.134

I have soft and hard rebooted, worked with NETGEAR support overseas, tried different channels etc to resolve this with NETGEAR (currently auto, 44 and 153).  I have extenders in our house.

Yes, we have wifi neighbors but we are residential on a large lot-I have adjusted my throw to be able to access outside but not so that the house next door could benefit from my signal.

New cable modem from company 2x Hitron EN2251 DOCSIS 3.1.

No more than 5-10 devices on at a time (that includes two thermostats, a Roomba, a laptop and a few phones/watches- we do not have multiple streaming and gaming services on- rarely watch or stream). When it drops there are very few devices on line.

Our internet speed/strength is pretty large from our provider- speeds 680+ download and 24+ upload. 

Using CAT 6. 

Appreciate your time and willingness to help. When I try to work with NETGEAR on this it is a frustrating phone call that lasts over an hour. Exhausting. Internet on all main and 2GXT often has no service. Connected with no internet. Lights are all flashy on modem and rounter- every thing is working and running fine as far as you can tell- just zero wifi. Wont hold. And drops multiple time during day.  Cable is fine. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the brand and model of the wifi extenders? 

How many are deployed? 

What is the distances between the router and these extenders?

What is the sq ft size of the home? 

Does the router work if you turn OFF these extenders? 

Try channel 1, 40 and 149? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 4 of 6
WHK2
Aspirant

What is the brand and model of the wifi extenders? NETGEAR EV6150v2 with updates applied and I have disconnected and rebooted them 2-3x to try to fix problem. 

How many are deployed? 3

What is the distances between the router and these extenders? One in bonus room upstairs, kitchen due to walls, and basement. Router on main floor centrally located

What is the sq ft size of the home? 3500 with 5000 with basement and bonus room- I find the length and width and wall matter more. 

Does the router work if you turn OFF these extenders? The extenders are not the issue. Existed before I reconnected to new router. Adding them has helped somewhat. This issue occurs when Im less than 2 feet from router. To all devices but especially my computer. NEVER happened before this dang router

Try channel 1, 40 and 149? Ok?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200. Ok and yes. This has been done several times - what was referred to as a hard and soft reset. These IP addresses have already been done on NETGEARS end. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please turn OFF the 3 extenders while troubleshooting and testing the router out. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7