× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 - Router becomes unresponsive

Tomcatter
Aspirant

RAX120 - Router becomes unresponsive

Over the last week my router will randomly become unresponsive - Causing me to do a reboot - and losing log files - I am unable to connect to it wirelessly and via ethernet cable.

I have rebooted by Modem and rebooted by router multiple times and this continues to happen.

Modem was purchased back in February of 2020 and has been on a dedicated UPS since it was purchased.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX120 - Router becomes unresponsive

What firmware is on the router? 

I'd try reinstalling the current firmware (in case corrupt), factory reset the router (in case a setting is causing the issue), and then manually reinstall the router. Don't reinstall from backup in case it is an old setting causing issues. 

If that doesnt' fix it, I'd try downgrading the firmware a version. 

Message 2 of 6
Tomcatter
Aspirant

Current Router Firmware Version V1.0.1.128

Tried downgrading the firmware 2 versions back - issue still ongoing - tried to reset the router to default - issue still ongoing

One thing I have noticed is the fan in the router isnt turning fast when it is on and it seems warm to the touch - which it hasnt been before.

I would like to have a hardware replacement due to the fan issue.

Message 3 of 6
Tomcatter
Aspirant

I have opened the following ticket for this - 43318023

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear it. The community forum isn't support. We're just people from the public trying to help out. 

Message 5 of 6
Tomcatter
Aspirant

Thanks, has anyone had experience with hardware support? Is this going to be a nightmare to get support on?
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series