× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 drops upstream speeds after a few minutes

Spliner
Aspirant

RAX120 drops upstream speeds after a few minutes

I'm having some issues with a new RAX120.  I have a 1gig/1gig Internet connection.  Generally a speed test will net me between 800-900 down and 800-900 up, it's pretty consistent, or at least was with my old AC router.  I've had the RAX120 for about 10 days now, and have noticed terrible upstream speeds.  I've noticed, when connected to the ethernet switch that my upstream will drop to somewhere in the 170mbit range after a few minutes.  If I reboot the router, speeds, both upload and download will go up to 800-900+.  After about 5-10 minutes another speed test will reveal 170-180mbit of upstream but the downstream stays the same.

I'd think it was my ISP limiting me, but they swear they are not, and if I plug back in my old AC router I get consistent 900ish upstream and downstream with no changes.  Even days later I can plug in and get those speeds.

Anyone have a clue what could be going on?  I'm considering returning the router at this point. 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Spliner
Aspirant

Re: RAX120 drops upstream speeds after a few minutes

So this morning I used the 5G port to link to my router and the problem seems to have vanished.  Hours later I'm still seeing gigabit uploads and downloads from my ISP.  It's great that it solves the issue but I had hoped to use the 5G port to link to a server of mine which streams a lot of media to my household.  Does anyone know if one of the link aggregation ports can be used as a WAN port even if both aren't connected?  If that worked it would at least leave my 5G port open for my LAN.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series