× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX20 keeps telling me that router is disabled and reset password

ctizio
Aspirant

RAX20 keeps telling me that router is disabled and reset password

I am unable to access router via webpage, getting message that router is disabled. I can access it via nighthawk app on phone but I prefer the webpage. Do not understand what happened that all of a sudden I can not access via webpage and resetting password does not help still getting router is disabled.

Message 1 of 7

Re: RAX20 keeps telling me that router is disabled and reset password

@ctizio wrote:

I am unable to access router via webpage, getting message that router is disabled.

Via the IP address or routerlogin?

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". There may be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

If there is one it might also help if you told people the make and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that sits between this router and the Internet. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

I ask because a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 7
ctizio
Aspirant

Firmware version is 1.0.11.112 connected to a verizon ONT terminal via CAT5E ran update on firmware via app and it is telling me latest version. I can reset password but it goes right to that the router is disables  and try again in 5 minutes.

I have tried to access via IP address and routerlogin and both will not work. Does it have anything to do with the APP on my phone maybe?.

Message 3 of 7

@ctizio wrote:

I have tried to access via IP address and routerlogin and both will not work. Does it have anything to do with the APP on my phone maybe?.

You said earlier that you are "unable to access router via webpage, getting message that router is disabled".

Is this using a mobile device or a PC?

When people refer to using the "webpage", they rarely mean a browser on a mobile device. (Most people don't realise that this is possible.)

Is it hard to see how the web app can have anything to do with how the browser works.

Firmware version is 1.0.11.112 connected to a verizon ONT terminal via CAT5E ran update on firmware via app and it is telling me latest version.

Most ONTs are simple terminals, but some have a router component. Hard to tell without a model number.

The app is not a reliable guide to the "latest" firmware version. In your case, this is the latest version.

Message 4 of 7
ctizio
Aspirant

I am trying to access via a PC  via web browser. I can access via my phone, but I prefer like I did before this happened to access via both my PC and Phone. 

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. https://kb.netgear.com/22697/How-do-I-install-my-NETGEAR-router-using-the-router-web-interface
Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.

Be sure to clear out all browser caches. 

Try a different browser, MS Edge or Firefox. 

Message 6 of 7

@ctizio wrote:

I am trying to access via a PC  via web browser. I can access via my phone, but I prefer like I did before this happened to access via both my PC and Phone. 

Have you ruled the PC out of the equation? If you can get mobile access, I'd look at the PC.

Windows is great at preventing us from doing things we want. The Network Troubleshooter is worth a try.

Then there is the old favourite "public/private" network setting.

One thought is that you could tell Windows that you are on a "private network".

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

You said earlier that you are "getting message that router is disabled". What is the exact wording?

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7