× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 not recognizing internet from CM1200

BenjaminS
Aspirant

RAX200 not recognizing internet from CM1200

Hello All,

I am hoping that you can help since my tech support expired 6 days ago after buying these two devices:  RAX200 and CM1200.  Everything was working fine till this morning.  The router is connecting to the network but shows no internet connection.  I have connected my PC directly to the modem and am sure that the modem has internet service available.  I have restarted both devices multiple times and then tried resetting the router...  However now the I can not even finish the router setup because it wants to be connected to the internet and does not recognize that it is connected.  Any thoughts about how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Ben

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 4
BenjaminS
Aspirant

Re: RAX200 not recognizing internet from CM1200

As an update to the above..  I tried to connect the CM1200 directly to my TV to get around the lack of WiFi currently and the TV will not recogize the connection either...  so currently the only device that does is my PC. 

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Try this. 

disconnect everything from the cm1200. including coax. 

power off both the modem and the router. 

connect the modem back to the coax.

power the modem on. give it several minutes to fully boot. 

connect the cm1200 to the router. hook up to port 1 on the modem and the wan port on the router. 

power on the router. give it several minutes. 

does it work?

Also, the cm1200 might have 4 ports but the average user can only use 1 or 2. reason why is most isp's only allow 1 public ip address (unless you pay for more or have a business line). That means only 1 device can connect to the cm1200. The 2nd port can be used if your router supports wan port aggregation (the rax200 does) but I woudn't use it. port aggregation has had issues with consumer devices for quite a while (and not isolated to netgear). 

So make sure you're router is connected to port 1 on the modem and NOTHING else is plugged into the modem. 

Message 3 of 4
RajaDaja
Luminary

Physically disconnect modem from the router via internet cable, then remove the power source to the modem. Turn off router using push button switch, remove power source to router. WAIT 5 minutes then get the modem up and running, connect network cable to router and then turn on router.
Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7