× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX50 Firmware upgrade to 1.0.16.132

rbmisc
Aspirant

RAX50 Firmware upgrade to 1.0.16.132

My router indicates that there is an upgrade for the RAX50 from 1.0.15.128 to 1.0.16.132.  Whenever I select to upgrade, it appears to be doing the upgrade and states it's rebooting.  When I check my router, all lights are on and I'm no longer able to communicate to the router.  I have to power cycle it to get it working again.

I have gone to the support page to see what the latest firmware version is and it is 1.0.15.128 not 1.0.16.132.

So why is my router thinking there is an upgrade for it when there isn't?

Message 1 of 2

Re: RAX50 Firmware upgrade to 1.0.16.132

@rbmisc wrote:

I have gone to the support page to see what the latest firmware version is and it is 1.0.15.128 not 1.0.16.132.

So why is my router thinking there is an upgrade for it when there isn't?

There are problems with the way in which Netgear routers detect new firmware. They often say that there is no update when there really is. You seem to have landed on a different issue. It says there is when there isn't.

I see that 1.0.15.128 is a "hotfix". These can be "out of the ordinary" updates that don't make it on to the update servers.

Not sure why that would find 1.0.16.132.

If it bothers you, a couple of things to try.

Manually installed the 1.0.15.128 - Hot Fix, just in case there was some sort of hitch in the previous install.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Reset the router. The factory reset is more a "witchcraft" move than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems. It is also the first thing that Netgear support will recommend. 

Before you do that, save a backup of your current settings.

How do I back up the router configuration settings on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

Then you can restore that if the reset doesn't fix the issue. You can try even if it does. But that can bring back problems.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7