× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX50 no 5G Internet access

Guru1911
Aspirant

RAX50 no 5G Internet access

I bought a Rax50 on 10-1-21. I immediately had issues. Called in and support had me changing all sorts of settings. Then he hung up on me. I went into hospital got out called support and they wouldn't help me. I just updated to latest firmware. I done system resets, wipes and reload. I've changed dns to isp dns, public dns and Google dns. I got the 2.4G to work. I can sit 10ft away and only get about 100MBs speed. I just tried to switch over to the 5G side and it connects with no Internet error message(@ 210mbs). So much for 4800 messages. When connected I cannot login to the device(only when connected via 2.4G). For a $250 plus router I find it severely lacking having so many issues out of the box. Why would 2.4G work and not the 5G side? I've tried hard coding all IPs, gw's, dns setting to known good settings(working on 2.4G side). I've turned off access control and left the unit wide open to no avail! What have I missed? I'm about to box it up and send it to the CEO with my compliments and go buy a competitors model that works. Thanks for the help and listening to my rant in advance.
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX50 no 5G Internet access

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7