× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 Parental Controls

ChuckDickens
Initiate

RAX80 Parental Controls

I would like to ask Netgear to please make Parental Conrols available for the RAX80 Router!  This is 2019 and greatly needed!!!  Very disappointed with the money spent on this router and it lacks this basic feature!!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX80 Parental Controls

I have a feeling that its in the works. The older devices have been getting disney circle/netgear armor rolled out to them. The RAX devices are fairly new and from my understanding is that netgear has been focusing on getting the base firmware working well before they start adding in complexity. Keep in mind that wifi 6 (AX) is a whole new standard that just got finalized. I'd rather see a company get a device working well before they add features. But that's just my opinion. 

Message 2 of 4
GabboCH
Apprentice

For sure they have a lot of work to do getting the RAX devices to provide basic Wifi functionality....!

Message 3 of 4
ChuckDickens
Initiate

Thanks for your response.  I understand the WiFi 6 AX technology as being new.  The parental controls is a feature that has been around for quite some time in previous OS versions of NetGear technology.  We look forward to parental controls being offered for our new device sometime soon.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7