× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 recalls previous settings after factory reset

NickR40
Guide

RAX80 recalls previous settings after factory reset

I have been trying to reconfigure my RAX80 router however each time I make a configuration change that requires a reboot, the router boots back to its previous configuration.

I went to the Backup menu and clicked on the Erase button however this does not seem to work either.

I then learnt about the 30:30:30 reset rule which I performed and happily it rebooted into a seemingly new instance. However once again as soon as i made a change requiring a reboot, it reverts back to the previous settings. It brings back old passwords, wifi settings the lot.

I have been at this for almost 3 days now and at the point of despair. If anyone knows how to get round this that would be superb.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 2 of 7
NickR40
Guide

Hi

I have firmware 1.0.1.62_1.0.26

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 7
NickR40
Guide

Where might I find these new versions or hot fixes that you have suggested?

thank you 

Message 4 of 7

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation and stuff for your hardware.

Message 5 of 7
NickR40
Guide

Yes as you might imagine, i have done all that.

I feel this needs a next step. Beyond the 30:30:30 wipe. Is there a way to forceably erase the nvram?

Is there some commands or software that can do this kind of thing? Right now im entering the fourth day of this and i cant progress because every time the router reboots it just reverts to old configuration.

Anything else applicable? 

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
NickR40
Guide

Hi

I think I may have identified the problem. I was able to telnet into the router and can see that the jffs devices have space issues.

On mtd:data the httpd_dbg.log file has grown to consume most of the device and any attempt I make to delete or truncate the log file just tells me that i can’t do it because there is no space on the device.

Is there a method for clearing down the jffs devices back to out of the box?

How is this log file controlled so that going forward it does not consume the space again?

Thanks for your assistance on this.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7