× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAXE 500 disconnecting

Alex49H
Star

RAXE 500 disconnecting

I am currently on the newest firmware .94 and my RAXE 500 disconnects. After several reboots it does not connect to the internet.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

That would do it. 

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Use the MultiGig port or Standard Internet port to connect to the Modem/ONT? 

Do you see any AMBER LEDs on top when this happens? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 2 of 9
Alex49H
Star

I am using my own modem, CM 2000 from Netgear and their cat5 ethernet cables.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

When it disconnects, what actually happens?

Does it say "connected, no internet"? Does it not broadcast wifi at all? Does it broadcast but you can't connect?

Do wired devices drop?

Do you have a screen snip of the modem's cable connection page and event logs?

Message 4 of 9
Alex49H
Star

I can connect to either 2.4 or 5 but it says no internet connection.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

do you have the modem cable connections page and event logs? 

If its connected to the router, you always need to ensure the router is getting a solid connection from the modem. 

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. CAT6A STP if your using the multigig port between the RAXE and CM2000 for sure.

Use the MultiGig port or Standard Internet port to connect to the Modem/ONT? 

Do you see any AMBER LEDs on top when this happens? 

@Alex49H wrote:

I am using my own modem, CM 2000 from Netgear and their cat5 ethernet cables.

Message 7 of 9
Alex49H
Star

I figured out what happened. I went back through all the settings to check everything. Somehow I mistakenly switched Get IP from ISP to Static and that is what disconnected me from Internet. 

Thank you both for your input and help!

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

That would do it. 

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7