× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 DTIM Settings

Mahesh_Wireless
Aspirant

RAXE500 DTIM Settings

I have RAXE500 Router and want to configure router's DTIM settings to different values (2, 3 etc) for testing.  Please share the steps to change the DTIM settings on this router.

I don't see any section called DTIM when I access router via http://192.168.1.1/debug.htm

#DTIM

Message 1 of 5
Kitsap
Master

Re: RAXE500 DTIM Settings

@Mahesh_Wireless wrote:

I have RAXE500 Router and want to configure router's DTIM settings to different values (2, 3 etc) for testing.  Please share the steps to change the DTIM settings on this router.

I don't see any section called DTIM when I access router via http://192.168.1.1/debug.htm

#DTIM

DTIM stands for Delivery Traffic Indication Message. 

Not a configurable value I have seen on a Netgear consumer grade router.

Message 2 of 5

@Mahesh_Wireless wrote:

I have RAXE500 Router and want to configure router's DTIM settings to different values (2, 3 etc) for testing. 

Why do you want to do that?

Maybe there are other ways of achieving what you want.

Message 3 of 5
Mahesh_Wireless
Aspirant

I am performing certain tests on device side behavior when connected to routers at different DTIM intervals. By default routers come with DTIM set to 1.  I want to change it to 2 or 3 and perform tests on connected device side

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I remember seeing this on older generation routers from say 15+ years ago. I think its' mostly a automatic feature now that something isn't needed to be adjusted on home class routers anymore thus NG and others have removed that UI since so not supported as a UI feature anymore. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7