× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rax40 router locks up

Louis551
Aspirant

Rax40 router locks up

Hi all my router locks up once a week or more have the newest firmware V1.0.3.80_1.0.1 have to unplug and wait 1 minute. Of course you have to pay netgear to talk txt them. 🤬 any ideas? Louis
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
MeesKees
Tutor

I had the same problem after updating the firmware to V1.0.3.80_1.0.1 . I switched auto update off en went back to firmware V1.0.3.64_1.0.1
This solved the problem for me...
Message 2 of 10
Louis551
Aspirant

Thanks I’ll try that. Louis
Message 3 of 10
sbonenfant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue with Firmware Version V1.0.3.80_1.0.1

This is very frustrating when you have all the entire family relying on internet access with remote work and school. 

Message 4 of 10
HarishB
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Got the device replaced 3 times but no respite. It freezes every day!!
Message 5 of 10
itsmehuey
Luminary

Netgear don’t care and they should recall their rax routers until they can fix the damn issues with their firmware. They released an incomplete and buggy product.
Message 6 of 10
MeesKees
Tutor

I had the same problem with firmware to V1.0.3.80_1.0.1 .

Switched auto update off en go back / install the firmware V1.0.3.64_1.0.1
I have nog problems anymory, so this solved the problem for me...

Message 7 of 10
MeesKees
Tutor

I had the same problem with firmware to V1.0.3.80_1.0.1 .

Switch auto update off and go back/install firmware V1.0.3.64_1.0.1
I have no problems anymore, so this solved the problem for me...

Message 8 of 10
itsmehuey
Luminary

yeah shouldn't be considered as a fix though. a fix would be to actually correct the issues with the firmware.

Message 9 of 10
itsmehuey
Luminary

OK folks we may be getting somewhere. I just got off the phone with a L2 support rep as my case was esclated by Christian_R. I was provided with an updated beta firmware (RAX40-V1.0.3.83_1.0.6) which I'll be testing over the next day or so. All seems OK at the moment but it's still too far to tell. I currently have AX disabled, but I will be enabling it soon to see if it works on this firmware version. 

Also, I no longer have issues with my TP-Link KASA KP303 smart power strips crashing my router whenever it tries to establish a connection.

Fingers crossed this beta will be good to go to be released as an official build.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7