× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rax80 blocks vudu log in.

SS1374
Aspirant

Rax80 blocks vudu log in.

I am unable to access Vudu on any device on my Wi-Fi network.

I get a “log in failed”. On IPads, MacBooks android tv and android cell.

on my cell phone on 5g/ mobile network, it works.

it is not vudu or my log in credentials. Something in my router settings are preventing it to log in.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

s

Message 1 of 10
microchip8
Master

Do you have Armor enabled?
Message 2 of 10
SS1374
Aspirant

It was.
I disabled it, rebooted the router and it is still giving the same error on all devices.

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Something I'd contact vudo about and see if they can help you out. 

Message 4 of 10
SS1374
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice. I did. Their customer service is less than stellar.

My issue is related to the in house Wi-Fi-or my isp.

If I turn the Wi-Fi off on my phone, I can log in with my mobile data/5G network. It does accept my log in credentials. Doing the same over Wi-Fi gives the log in error.

Frustrating for sure,

All advice is greatly appreciated here.

s

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 6 of 10
SS1374
Aspirant

I have a fixed wireless internet. It comes as a radio signal from our local water tower to my roof mounted radio. It is a Cambium EPMP 1000 Force 200.…..I think….

this provides a Ethernet cable that is plugged in to my Netgear Nighthawk AX8

AX6000 B-stream Wi-Fi router.

RAX80

the roof system is 8+ years old, and the router about 4. We had no issues up until this spring.

thank you for any and all inputs. It is greatly appreciated.

s

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, 

Well i can't see any router built in to there device so I presume the RAX is getting a public IP address and not something private. 

I'd probably do a full on factory reset on the RAX and setup from scratch. I'd also see if you can power OFF there equipment for 1 minute then back ON as well, then use a wired PC and web browser to setup the router again, then test. 

If you still can't get thru to VUDU, i'd contact the ISP and talk to a tech and see if they can ensure nothing from the WAN port on the router is getting blocked. There would be nothing on the RAX that would be blocking streaming services, unless Armor or Smart Parental controls were enabled however somethings they don't unless there specifically configured to block something. Factory reset and don't enable any additional features should show some results here. 

Message 8 of 10
SS1374
Aspirant

Thank you for that. I have a call in to 2nd tier tech support. Expect a call back tomorrow.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7