× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Password Reset>Your Device is disabled, Please try again in 5 minutes.

Redtulips7
Luminary

Router Password Reset>Your Device is disabled, Please try again in 5 minutes.

I am keep getting same warning about Router Password reset? Factort reset didn't help, I have tried .96 and .94 Firmware, same warning when I try to Log in. By the way This is new Router RAXE500rax500e.jpg

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
Redtulips7
Luminary

Re: Router Password Reset>Your Device is disabled, Please try again in 5 minutes.

Fix was uninstall Network Adapter from Device Manager(Desktop) as well as remove Driver package from Add/Remove Program then restart Computer then reinstall Network Driver. Make sure you Power Cycle Modem/ONT(Unplug for 5 Minutes)  prior to install new Router, and don't put any special Characters in Router Log in Password.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14

All Replies
Redtulips7
Luminary

Re: Router Password Reset>Your Device is disabled, Please try again in 5 minutes.

Also I didn't what FW Router came with but it update to .86 FW which I didn't have any issue!!! after manually update to latest FW .96 warning started to pop up.

Message 2 of 14
Redtulips7
Luminary

This fuc$$$ Router is going back to hell

Message 3 of 14
Redtulips7
Luminary

I went back to FW .86 where no issue at all

Message 4 of 14
Redtulips7
Luminary

So it seems like I am the only one facing this weird problem??????????

Message 5 of 14

Maybe no one else understands the problem, what you are doing and where things go wrong.

Your details are a  bit sketchy.

Among the many gaps in the information is the modem/gateway/ONT that sits in front of your router, where you see this error, and lots of other variables.

Message 6 of 14
Redtulips7
Luminary

Picture above shown error or Password Reset genearate from Netgear Log in Screen!!! or you were failing to see it????????? ONT don't give you error or is it? This thing happened after I set up the Router AX11000 within a minutes in the Router Log in Screen!!! I have had seven NG Routers in last twenty years and never seen it!!never!

It does not do with FW .86 but anything after, I am always reset ONT before setting up the Router, password reset was generating from NG Log in Screen even after hard reset?

To resolve this issue I have had done last night to uninsall Network Adapter(intel 1219-v)along with Driver,reboot then reinstall Driver 28.0 after that error or password reset warning STOP. I have had installed new FW .96

and no issue.  

Message 7 of 14
Redtulips7
Luminary

Uninstall and reinstall Network Adapter Driver or something else fix the issue!! Password reset Bug was genarated fron NG, right? It has nothong to ONT or Network Adapter, I get it then why on Earth, Password Reset Bug popping up as soon I log in to NG? and most of the It wouldn't let me to Log in period. Even I entered Router serial Number reset password still error or password reset Screen kept popping up!!! So I f it's not NG then what causing it? It was coming from NG right? 

Message 8 of 14
Redtulips7
Luminary

AX110000.jpg

Message 9 of 14
Redtulips7
Luminary

rax500e.jpg

Message 10 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Only time I see this is when I input the wrong pass word too many times. Or the saved PW profile is incorrect with in the web browser. 

Be sure you clear all browser caches and remove any saved PW profiles in the router, then after time passes try again an input correct PW values. I recommend not using special characters in the PW. 

Message 11 of 14
Redtulips7
Luminary

Never type wrong password, password reset screen came up after I logged in with admin and password! so far so good last 10 days.

Message 12 of 14
kingka
Aspirant

I'm having this exact same issue! I installed a new NG router and now can't connect to it via browser. It did update the firmware upon install, are you suggesting i go uninstall it? was that your fix? I assume it's trying to connect to the old ng router I had =/

Message 13 of 14
Redtulips7
Luminary

Fix was uninstall Network Adapter from Device Manager(Desktop) as well as remove Driver package from Add/Remove Program then restart Computer then reinstall Network Driver. Make sure you Power Cycle Modem/ONT(Unplug for 5 Minutes)  prior to install new Router, and don't put any special Characters in Router Log in Password.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7