× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Access Advanced Tab in Routerlogin Portal After Firmware Update

syrock
Guide

Unable to Access Advanced Tab in Routerlogin Portal After Firmware Update

Hello,

Router Model: RAX45 — Nighthawk AX6 6-Stream AX4300 WiFi Router

Previous Firmware: 1.0.2.82 (released January 2021)

Current Firmware: 1.0.5.106 (released December 2021)

Situation: I am unable to click the advanced tab when accessing the routerlogin portal through multiple browsers.

Background: I noticed my 5GHz connection was dropping wifi signal occassionally while 2.4GHz was still operational. The 5GHz would return after a few minutes without the need to reboot the router. This issue became more frequent, prompting me to check I have the most up to date software. I logged into the routerlogin portal and went to advanced settings to review my firmware version. I had previously selected to auto-update firmware when setting up the router, which did not appear to be working since I was still on 1.0.2.82 (released January 2021). I checked for updates and found a new version was available (1.0.5.106; released December 2021). I tried to use the internal portal program to update the software but kept receiving a GUI failure message. Instead, I opted to download the firmware file to my laptop and update manually. The download completed successfully and my wifi is working without issue. However, now I am unable to click the advanced settings tab on the routerlogin page. This means I can no longer access advanced settings to manually adjust wifi channels or check for new firmware updates. I logged into the routerlogin portal from multiple devices using different browsers (macbook pro safari, iphone safari, and windows 10 microsoft edge) and all have the same issue. I attached a screenshot of my homepage for reference.

Primary Assessment: It appears there is a bug not allowing users to click the advanced tab within the routerlogin portal.

Secondary Assessment: It appears the auto-update firmware feature does not work appropriately.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on how to fix this? Is it a possible bug in the new firmware?

Andrew

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to Access Advanced Tab in Routerlogin Portal After Firmware Update

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
Foundtony
Tutor

SOLUTION FOUND! Re: Unable to Access Advanced Tab in Routerlogin Portal After Firmware Update

I'm using Apple iPad Pro with the RAX45 Nighthawk router, just purchased at Costco. . After using Duck-Duck-Go to manually perform the firmware upgrade to V1.0.5.106 I was not able to access the Advanced Tab using Safari or Duck-Duck-Go. However, on my MacBook Pro I can access the Advanced Tab using Google Chrome. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7