× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iPhone won't move to satellite

eb2114
Tutor

iPhone won't move to satellite

Recently set up the Netgear Nighthawk MR60 using the set that you can buy at Costco. Setup is the router in the main living area and a satellite in an auxillary dwelling unit. There's definitely overlap in coverage between the satellite and the router, but all of the stationary devices in the AUD are on the satellite and have a strong signal. 

The problem is that when I walk from the main living area into the AUD, my iPhone will only connect to the router's signal and won't migrate to the satellite signal, even when out of range of the router. Other devices seem to switch between the router and the satellite signal just fine. Is this just a known issue with the Nighthawk mesh system? Any tips on how to fix it? 

Possibly relevant information: the iPhone is the only one with the Netgear app and was the device used to set up on the network. 

Message 1 of 3

Re: iPhone won't move to satellite

@eb2114 wrote:

The problem is that when I walk from the main living area into the AUD, my iPhone will only connect to the router's signal and won't migrate to the satellite signal, even when out of range of the router. Other devices seem to switch between the router and the satellite signal just fine.

Smells like an issue with your iPhone.

Have you consulted other iPhione users?

Message 2 of 3
eb2114
Tutor

Re: iPhone won't move to satellite

Yup, I just tried it with a different iPhone. When I get to the edge of the property, the devices are on the router's 2.4GHz band and don't move onto the satellite's 5GHz band. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7