× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Equivalent Access points for RS700?

kregbru4
Follower

Equivalent Access points for RS700?

Im looking at ditching my google mesh APs for something more manageable. Looking at the MS510TXUP switch and adding two-three of the WAX630E.

I have a envoy solar gateway and the RS says it has a 3000 sqft coverage but the gateway is outside front left of my garage and it’s having difficulty bouncing from wifi back to low data cellular. Question is should I wait or is there going to be RS700 AP model coming out.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

My understanding is that the RS700 can be part of a mesh itself with other rs700 series. I haven't seen that in firmware yet but its supposed to be coming at some point. 

Message 2 of 3
ShadowMario3
Apprentice

It isn't out yet, but you'll probably want to look at the WBE758 access point by Netgear, it seems to be WiFi 7:

https://www.netgear.com/business/wifi/access-points/wbe758/

No clue what the MSRP will be, but some third party vendors seem to be listing it at $1100 (maybe placeholder, seems way too high for an AP), so maybe setting the RS700 in AP mode might be a better alternative.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7