× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RS700 6GHz band not visible

firemaguy
Aspirant

RS700 6GHz band not visible

Have just upgraded my router to RS700s. I can't get my client devices (Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 and iPad Pro 11" (gen4)) to connect to the 6GHz band. I'm sure my client devices support Wifi 6E but they just can't find the 6GHz band on the RS700. I've tried to turn Smart Connect on and off, have changed the channels to either PSC or no-PSC channels, still no luck. Is there anything I can try? Thanks.
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

Re: RS700 6GHz band not visible

As communicated with @firemaguy, per our research, we believe the WiFi client devices do not enable the 6GHz band in that region at this point. Looks the administration for that region just adopted WiFi 6GHz recently.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Does any WiFi scanner app show any signals on 6Ghz? 

Does disabling WiFi Security temporarily show anything? Set back to Mixed WPA2/WPA3 modes after checking this. 

Factory reset and setup from scratch? 

Message 2 of 8
firemaguy
Aspirant

Firmware version is latest 1.0.7.86.

Modem is Huawei EchoLife HG8040H

Tried to scan wifi signal across the whole 6GHz band on my mobile, no 6GHz signal could be found.

I can only disable Wifi security on the 2.4 and 5GHz band, 6GHz one is fixed to WPA3. Still no 6GHz signal if I disable the 2.4/5G Wifi security. Also tried factory reset and setup from scratch. Still no luck.

Message 3 of 8
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @firemaguy, did you set different SSID for different band? if you have done that, can you go to the router's management Web GUI, go to the ADVANCED tab, then get the screenshots for the Wireless Settings (6GHz) like below?

Thanks.

BHC_0-1715139414694.png

Message 4 of 8
firemaguy
Aspirant

Have tried both Smart Connect and separate SSID for different band. Still can't find the 6GHz band. Please refer to the screenshot below. Thanks.
Message 5 of 8
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @firemaguy, I sent you a PM, please check it. Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

As communicated with @firemaguy, per our research, we believe the WiFi client devices do not enable the 6GHz band in that region at this point. Looks the administration for that region just adopted WiFi 6GHz recently.

Message 7 of 8
firemaguy
Aspirant

Thank you @BH-C for your prompt assistance. Will try to contact the client device support instead.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7