Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New - Firmware Version 3.2.18.1 for RBR840-850 / RBS840-850 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

New - Firmware Version 3.2.18.1 for RBR840-850 / RBS840-850 Released

Security Fixes:

• Fixes security vulnerabilities.

For more information about security vulnerabilities, visit https://www.netgear.com/about/security.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes the NETGEAR Armor vulnerability scan issue.

Download Link:

RBR840 - https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK842/RBR840-V3.2.18.1_1.4.14.zip

RBS840 - https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK842/RBS840-V3.2.18.1_1.4.14.zip

RBR850 - https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK852/RBR850-V3.2.18.1_1.4.14.zip

RBS850 - https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK852/RBS850-V3.2.18.1_1.4.14.zip

Firmware Update Instructions:

To update your product’s firmware, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. To find your user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/, enter your model number in the search box, and click the Documentation button on the product page.

or:

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...
https://kb.netgear.com/000037217/How-do-I-check-and-manually-upgrade-the-firmware-on-my-Orbi-satelli...

Power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system.

This firmware is only for the Orbi AX 840/850 series systems only for manual download and installation.

Let us know how it works for you...

Message 1 of 25

Accepted Solutions
Validus
Luminary

Re: New - Firmware Version 3.2.18.1 for RBR840-850 / RBS840-850 Released

Quite happy with this firmware update 3.2.18.1!

For the Netgear Orbi AX RBK853 (Router + 2 Satellites), it auto-updated under the router admin and works successfully. I rebooted one of the Satellites to get a better connection, was a bit intermittent just after the update, but as soon as restarted all is stable. Fast and strong connection.

I also don't have any more DNS issues, however previously I did setup a 4to6 Tunnel under the router admin as well which helps mostly with that.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 25

All Replies
vajim
Master

with your track record you sure you want to advertise this?

But of course if you're on the payroll we understand

Message 2 of 25
waresoft
Star

The issue with Armor Vulnerability scans are fixed?  Really???

Updated overnight.  It's now almost 20 hours since it updated and rebooted.   

Guess what!!

Not one single Armor Vulnerabilty scan has taken place.  Not. One.

Define fixed.

Message 3 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Armor and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor
Good Luck.

@waresoft wrote:

The issue with Armor Vulnerability scans are fixed?  Really???

Updated overnight.  It's now almost 20 hours since it updated and rebooted.   

Guess what!!

Not one single Armor Vulnerabilty scan has taken place.  Not. One.

Define fixed.

Message 4 of 25
waresoft
Star

The latest firmware update has fixed the Vulnerability Scan issue.  You have to remove every device from Armor, then as they repopulate it starts the scans.   If Netgear would let users know this, like with a README with the firmware update.  SMH.
Message 5 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

I wonder if disableing Armor first, before udpating FW, then re-enabling it would work. 

I don't run Armor so I would not have seen this. Thanks for letting us know. 

I loaded mine last night, Just manually downloaded and manually applied to each device. Powered them OFF for 30 seconds then back ON is all. Operational and working. RBS security modes are in place. No OPEN modes. 

Unfortunately the connection rate Up To speeds seen on the RBS web page bug is still there. Smiley Embarassed

Message 6 of 25
Chuck_M
Mentor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

This firmware is only for the Orbi AX 840/850 series systems only for manual download and installation.

This auto installed on my 850 & sattelites....  I did not manually download or install but it is there.

Message 7 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Kewl. did you power cycle the system off then back on any or just continue? 

@Chuck_M wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

This auto installed on my 850 & sattelites....  I did not manually download or install but it is there.

Message 8 of 25
vajim
Master

@Chuck_M wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

wow...that's a rarity.  You didn't have to check for updates, click on anything, etc..??

Message 9 of 25
Chuck_M
Mentor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Kewl. did you power cycle the system off then back on any or just continue? 

@Chuck_M wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I did nothing... In fact, I dont know for how many days it has been installed.... I saw the post here and went and checked what version I had and it was already on the RBR and the three RBS's.

On my friends, I went to the Web GUI control panel and went to admin and Firmware and as it checked for what current version, it offered up the upgrade (where you had to click UPGRADE).    Very odd that two exact systems would act so differently.

I have not power cycled nor factory reset.  

Message 10 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Seems like this is a Major version which NG can auto push to users systems. 

Well glad it's working for you then. Might make a new backup to file for this version of FW. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 25
vajim
Master

So i wonder if there's a auto update for the 750 orbi's?

Message 12 of 25
Validus
Luminary

For the Netgear Orbi AX RBK853 (Router + 2 Satellites), it auto-updated under the router admin and works successfully. I rebooted one of the Satellites to get a better connection, was a bit intermittent just after the update, but as soon as restarted all is stable. Fast and strong connection.

I also don't have any more DNS issues, however previously I did setup a 4to6 Tunnel under the router admin as well which helps mostly with that.

Message 13 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Glad its working well for you. Be sure to save off a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Validus wrote:

Message 14 of 25
Mstrbig
Master

Message 15 of 25
mmorain
Tutor

I was automatically updated to this firmware, and have been unable to connect to my ISP since then. VLAN tagging was disabled on update, and even after enabling it, I can't connect. I've tried factory reset, reconfiguring, etc. To no avail.

Anyone else have PPPoE + VLAN working?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 16 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you power OFF the ISP Modem/ONT for 1 minute then back ON when you reset the RBR and set it up? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@mmorain wrote:
I was automatically updated to this firmware, and have been unable to connect to my ISP since then. VLAN tagging was disabled on update, and even after enabling it, I can't connect. I've tried factory reset, reconfiguring, etc. To no avail.

Message 17 of 25
tak1313
Luminary

@mmorain wrote:

I assume you just didn't update your sig line?  It says Rbk53, and this firmware is for the AX models.

Message 18 of 25
skeelo
Luminary

Mine too.

The device list is all wrong now. It’s not showing a number of devices and some of the devices shown are listed under the wrong connection (e.g., wireless showing up as wired, etc).

Otherwise everything appears to be working.
Message 19 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you power OFF the RBR and RBS for 30 seconds then back ON after the FW update? 

@skeelo wrote:
Mine too.

The device list is all wrong now. It’s not showing a number of devices and some of the devices shown are listed under the wrong connection (e.g., wireless showing up as wired, etc).

Otherwise everything appears to be working.

Message 20 of 25
skeelo
Luminary

No. I did reboot the system via the app.

I have an RBR, 3 RBS, and a busy house. It’s not conducive to run around turning items on and off after an update.

The tech is supposed to work for you, not the other way around!

Sidebar, I know you’re trying to help and appreciate it. My frustration is with the 1-2% of the product that doesn’t work as it should. For what has been spent on this wireless setup I shouldn’t need to moonlight as an IT help desk in my own house.
Message 21 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Understand. However a power cycle maybe need to let the new FW and system and all the devices take effect. A reboot of the system may not be enough. 

Last resort would be a factory reset and setup from scratch. Usually a power cydle should help first off. You may need to also power cycle the devices that are not appearing in the list as well after you power cycle the orbi system to be sure the devices are getting a new connection and seen by the Orbi system. 

Message 22 of 25
skeelo
Luminary

Assume it’s shut down RBS first, then RBR leaving all off. From there turn on RBR first then RBS?
Message 23 of 25
FURRYe38
Guru

Correct...

Message 24 of 25
Mstrbig
Master

@skeelo wrote:
No. I did reboot the system via the app.
I have an RBR, 3 RBS, and a busy house. It’s not conducive to run around turning items on and off after an update.
The tech is supposed to work for you, not the other way around!
Sidebar, I know you’re trying to help and appreciate it. My frustration is with the 1-2% of the product that doesn’t work as it should. For what has been spent on this wireless setup I shouldn’t need to moonlight as an IT help desk in my own house.

I undersdand your frustration, but if you don't follow the normal suggested procedure after an up date, it's like changing your oil on your car and not putting the plug back in. Something will go wrong in most cases. There are so many differrent devices, (my personal system has over 25, from TVs to cameras, PCs, printers and more), that it is always a good idea to reboot all of them after a firmware update. 

One other thing I found is everything works better if you use IP address reservation. No more failed to connect devices because the expected IP address was already assigned. 

Message 25 of 25
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7