Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbr850 - when is the beta firmware releasing? Fix DNS?

McLong
Apprentice

Rbr850 - when is the beta firmware releasing? Fix DNS?

Can anyone comment if the newest beta firmware for the RBR850 finally fixes the dreaded DNS issue that has plagued our system for years? So happy to read that Netgear is addressing this issue in the RBR750 series and just want to know if us AX6000 owners can expect the same fix and if so, when?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbr850 - when is the beta firmware releasing? Fix DNS?

Been running router mode for for a while now, since v1 at least. Now on the beta.

"Basic Information

Firmware Version:V3.2.18.223_1.4.15

CPU Load: 3.53%

Memory Usage(Used/Total):476 MB/867 MB

System Uptime:7 days 08:21:34"

Currently in the throws of why NEST is seeing low battery again on v223. I'm seeing it work if the RBR is at a different location from where it nornally sits, If it's at it's normal location, NEST starts having problems again. Possible distance is too close. Had worked well on v1 FW.

Working with NG on it. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Been working for me since I loaded the beta. I haven't seen any DNS issues while using it. 

If you want to try it out, contact @Christian_R and he'll give you access. 

@McLong wrote:
Can anyone comment if the newest beta firmware for the RBR850 finally fixes the dreaded DNS issue that has plagued our system for years? So happy to read that Netgear is addressing this issue in the RBR750 series and just want to know if us AX6000 owners can expect the same fix and if so, when?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4
McLong
Apprentice

Appreciate the reply Furry. I take it you finally switched back to router mode because I know you've been running AP for years due to these issues. Any idea when this will beta will move to production?
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Been running router mode for for a while now, since v1 at least. Now on the beta.

"Basic Information

Firmware Version:V3.2.18.223_1.4.15

CPU Load: 3.53%

Memory Usage(Used/Total):476 MB/867 MB

System Uptime:7 days 08:21:34"

Currently in the throws of why NEST is seeing low battery again on v223. I'm seeing it work if the RBR is at a different location from where it nornally sits, If it's at it's normal location, NEST starts having problems again. Possible distance is too close. Had worked well on v1 FW.

Working with NG on it. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7