Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anywhere Access CBR40

LLJ
Star
Star

Anywhere Access CBR40

I have anywhere accès turned on but when I’m away from home I keep getting a “offline” response. How does this work? Do I need to do something else? Totally lost!
Message 1 of 7

Re: Anywhere Access CBR40

@LLJ wrote:
I have anywhere accès turned on but when I’m away from home I keep getting a “offline” response.

To get remote access to your router you need to set up Anywhere Access with a MyNetgear account.

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my NETGEAR or Orbi router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 7
LLJ
Star
Star

I have it setup but still no joy
Message 3 of 7

With so little detail about what you are doing, it is hard to add anything.

Maybe someone on the section for your hardware can help:

Orbi with Built-in Cable Modem Systems - NETGEAR Communities

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 4 of 7
LLJ
Star
Star

Firmware version V2.5.0.28
Anywhere access indicates it is on. I’m away from home and trying to connect to my CBR40 back at home. When I open the Orbi app it immediately tries to connect to my system. It does not connect and it tells me “unable to connect to router”. I thought anywhere access would let me connect to my system so I’m at a loss as to what to do so I can connect.
I appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thx…
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of Orbi app are you using? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/New-Orbi-App-Versions-and-Updates/td-p/2308199/jump-to/fir...

Is Anywhere Access enabled under the top left menu bar section/Settings in the Orbi app?

Have you tried a factory reset and setup from scratch with the Orbi app and see if it will connect and setup the CBR40? 

Saw similar issue with a Nighthawk router and it's mobile app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

May help here.

Message 6 of 7
LLJ
Star
Star

App version 2.28.0.107
Anywhere access is enabled in the app. I have not tried a factory reset.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7