Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again"

expectedbetter1
Aspirant

Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again"

A previous thread indicated that this was fixed.  It does not appear to be.  I updated my firmware and iPhone app.  Deleted and reinstalled my iPhone app three times based on the previous thread.  Same result.  Can't access the device with the app.  routerlogin.net working just fine.

I have an RBR850 and RBS850

Running firmware Version

V4.6.14.3_2.3.12

Any tips?  

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again"

Did you try disabling private mac/ip address? Or icloud relay?

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@expectedbetter1 wrote:

A previous thread indicated that this was fixed.

A link to this previous thread would be helpful. Over time, the Orbi 'app' has malfunctioned in numerous ways.  Most recently, the forum saw posts (including from me) about the Android app no longer being able to employ Anywhere Access to connect to the router when not connected to the Orbi WiFi. (i.e. "locally")

"Logon Timed Out" was one of the previous issues.

There are two steps that might be helpful:

1. Take a screen shot of the message that appears on the iPhone and post it.
  2. Shake the iPhone and create a Bug Report to inform Netgear of the problem. (One would assume that Netgear is already aware of the issue and "working on it", but I can find no link that describes what Netgear may (or may not) be working on at any given time.*)

*Sorry for the rant.  This situation with the Orbi 'app' gets old after a while.

Message 3 of 4
expectedbetter1
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses.  I tried the app about 12 hours later and it worked.   I didn't do anything different.  Not sure what the difference was or what caused the original behavior.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7