Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fail to speedtest- connection failed

Kfir-E
Follower

Fail to speedtest- connection failed

I got the Orbi AX4200 RBK752, and I am trying to perform speedtest and it keeps givimg me " Failure to Connect" .

At first the numbers where rinning and then i would get the error message and nowe numbers are not even runnung.

Also, Is there a way to control time usage for devices ? Currntly this devioce is not coming with Circkle built in ... 

Is the Circle bulit in is someting I can get in later versions when firmware update will be released ?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Fail to speedtest- connection failed

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Which speed test are you doing? The internal one on the RBRs web page or from a different location or app? 

Try Parental or Access Controls on the RBRs web page. 

You'll have to keep an eye on the releases notes as FW updates come out. No idea if or when Circle or Armor will be included or not. 

Message 2 of 10
gchin3
Initiate

Similar problem.  The Internet Speedtest from the Orbi app appears to have stopped working.  "Connection Failed.  If the problem persists, try rebooting your router."  Ok...did that (multiple times)...still have error message.  Rebooted my cable modem (Netgear CM1000)...still no joy.

Run speedtest from a Mac (connected to the router)...and speeds are normal.  Ran "speedtest" on my phone (not using Orbi App)...and speeds are OK.  Problem with app?

Suggestions?

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

@gchin3 wrote:

Similar problem.  The Internet Speedtest from the Orbi app appears to have stopped working.  "Connection Failed.  If the problem persists, try rebooting your router."  Ok...did that (multiple times)...still have error message.  Rebooted my cable modem (Netgear CM1000)...still no joy.

Run speedtest from a Mac (connected to the router)...and speeds are normal.  Ran "speedtest" on my phone (not using Orbi App)...and speeds are OK.  Problem with app?

Suggestions?

Message 4 of 10
capiture
Guide

Starting today 9/23/2020, I too am having this same issue all of a sudden.

For the past month or so I've upgraded to Netgear modem and router.  All their top of the line products.

Network is working fine and I am connected to the internet.

The problem is that the Orbi App's speed test does not work.  Once clicked it gives an error message stating: "Connection Failed - if the problem presists, try rebooting your router"

I have done nothing different to my network over this month and I am not sure why this portion of the app just stopped working.

I have upgraded to Apple ios 14.  Not sure if there is a compatibility or setting issue that Netgear needs to solve?

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Thank you.

@capiture wrote:

Starting today 9/23/2020, I too am having this same issue all of a sudden.

For the past month or so I've upgraded to Netgear modem and router.  All their top of the line products.

Network is working fine and I am connected to the internet.

The problem is that the Orbi App's speed test does not work.  Once clicked it gives an error message stating: "Connection Failed - if the problem presists, try rebooting your router"

I have done nothing different to my network over this month and I am not sure why this portion of the app just stopped working.

I have upgraded to Apple ios 14.  Not sure if there is a compatibility or setting issue that Netgear needs to solve?

Message 6 of 10
BiGMERF
Apprentice

Did you allow network access to the Orbi app ? 

check setting> scroll down to apps area>click orbi> click on the local network setting and allow it.  

see if it works.. I doubt it but worth a shot.  Lol 

Message 7 of 10
Cabinew
Guide

Message 8 of 10
jo2dv3
Aspirant

I just got off the phone with Netgear Support to change the Channel on my Orbi's.  I brought up this issue and they dodged it by having me go to speedtest.net

Bottom line still getting the error message on the Netgear Orbi App on my iPhone 11 Pro but we'll see what happens after the next firmware update

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 10
Cabinew
Guide

I called Netgear and they had me do a factory reset on my equipment and set everything up again. I did this and used my same network name and password and that fixed the problem, without me having to reconnect everything to the mesh system.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7