Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I change router name in Orbi app's "Your Products"

DogServant
Initiate

How do I change router name in Orbi app's "Your Products"

I administer 2 Orbi routers at different locations using the Orbi app on iOS devices.  In the Orbi app I have updated the router names under "Router Settings" but under "Your Products" they both show the default "RBR50" and not the device/location specific Router Name.

Is there a way to update the routers so the Orbi app displays my device specific names?

c2j5s4k

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
vajim
Master

Re: How do I change router name in Orbi app's "Your Products"

I would forget the app and make the changes through the pc login

perhaps this will help

https://kb.netgear.com/000062490/How-do-I-rename-my-iOS-Android-Windows-or-macOS-device-for-better-d...

Message 2 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@DogServant wrote:

Is there a way to update the routers so the Orbi app displays my device specific names?

Alas, I see no way to 'edit' that entry.  My Orbi router has a custom name, but it shows up in "My Products" as RBR50.  Maybe one will consistently be on line 1 and the other on line2?

It is fortunate that the app's "Anywhere Access" provides the features needed to administer these systems.  I also run two Orbi's, and need access to features that the app does not provide.  My choices were Orbi Remote Access or OpenVPN, both of which require DDNS.

Message 3 of 9
vajim
Master

I thought I renamed mine sat1 and sat2 

Message 4 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Can you make a screen shot of the page in the Orbi "app" where the device can be edited?

This page of the app is differenct from the Orbi web interface Attached Devices which allows users to 'name' satellites and devices.

Message 5 of 9
vajim
Master

IF I did change them it was in the pc login.  Never use the app.

On the pc login I went to attached devices, clicked on the device name and there you go.  You can change the name and model.

Message 6 of 9
DogServant
Initiate

@CrimpOn wrote:

Can you make a screen shot of the page in the Orbi "app" where the device can be edited?

This page of the app is differenct from the Orbi web interface Attached Devices which allows users to 'name' satellites and devices.

The router name can be changed in the Orbi app, but unfortunately that name is not displayed in the Products list.

1)  Select your router, then 'SETTINGS'Mo33moM

2) Select 'Router Settings'

80YElyC

3). In 'Router Settings' select 'Router Name' and a popup will let you change the router's name.

PjghRC0

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

This works. Confirmed. 

@DogServant wrote:

@CrimpOn wrote:

The router name can be changed in the Orbi app, but unfortunately that name is not displayed in the Products list.

1)  Select your router, then 'SETTINGS'Mo33moM

2) Select 'Router Settings'

80YElyC

3). In 'Router Settings' select 'Router Name' and a popup will let you change the router's name.

PjghRC0

Message 8 of 9
vajim
Master

Lots of problems with the app AND there is a separate forum for the app 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation