Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost Security and parental controls

TraxTrin
Aspirant

Lost Security and parental controls

I know there are a few posts about this. But nothing seems to help me.

I had the orbi app installed on two phones and all worked nice.
I have subscribed to armour security now and suddenly one app shows no parental controls anymore and when klicking on security is just says unknown error.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it doesn’t come back on on iPhone. Th other iPhone still works normally with security etc.

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Lost Security and parental controls

@TraxTrin wrote:
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it doesn’t come back on on iPhone.

Does iPhone have options to "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data" similar to Android phones?  (I am not confident that removing the app will clear everything from the phone.)  My practice is to clear both, then remove the app.  (but then I do a lot of things that make no sense.)

You can at least "shake that thing" and report a bug. May release a tiny bit of tension.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 6
TraxTrin
Aspirant

I got it to work.
I had to change my email to a different one and back to the old one.
I know. It sounds strange. But I tried everything.
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 6
TraxTrin
Aspirant

Same problem again. Orbi app got deleted, re-installed and Armor brings up error message and no parental controlls

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7