Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network Map on ORBI App not showing

DrJoePR
Aspirant

Network Map on ORBI App not showing

Deare Gents,

My Wi-Fi 6 mesh customer experience is becoming a nightmare. First, I purchased a brand new RBK763 on eBay from a non-Netgear agent. Therefore, my warranty and support were voided. I was sent here for support. 

My ORBI App is no longer showing the Network Map. Actions taken:

1. Uninstalled and Installed the ORBI App - The Network map shows one time and never comes on again.

2. Rebooted the router - I did it twice the Network Map will show once but never again.

3. rebooted phone - nothing.

I have a Samsung S22 Ultra. The ORBI is an RBK 763 (AX5400) Router Firmware VersionV6.3.6.4_1.2.6. connected to a bridged Arris router /Modem. I am running to the Liberty cable network at 600Mbps. The ORBI App is version 2.23.0.2673

Message 1 of 26

Accepted Solutions
DrJoePR
Aspirant

Re: Network Map on ORBI App not showing

I'm glad to report that for the last week, my network map has been working again. I didn't do anything. Either Netgear pushed some fix in the background, or the latest upgrade on my S22 solved the situation. 

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 26

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

This is known to NG and they are looking into it. 

Message 2 of 26
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @DrJoePR ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues with the network map on the Orbi app version 2.23.0.2673. There is a new Orbi app release available for your Android device. Please navigate to the Playstore to download application version 2.24.0.2733.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 26
DrJoePR
Aspirant

Hello KevinLit,
Thank you for the response. I am on version 2.24.0.2733, which I downloaded last night. The problem still persists.
Message 4 of 26
DrJoePR
Aspirant

Hello KevinLit,
I tried to open the Network map and to my surprise it showed. But the excitement was short lived. I closed the app and launched it again. I clicked on map and it didn't show.
Message 5 of 26
Dave415
Initiate

Having the same issue recently where the Network Map shows blank. Uninstaller and reinstalled the latest version in the Google Play store but still the same problem. Just recently updated the Orbi firmware last night and noticed this issue after the firmware update.

Hoping the latest app update resolves it.
Message 6 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 26
EricavH22
Guide

I am also experiencing this issue with my Orbi RBR850 and 2 satellites. Confirmed that the app upgrade that "broke" the map is 2.24.0.2733. Although the map is not working, all devices appear to be working. Joining this thread to learn the solution, when it is available.
Message 8 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 9 of 26
DrJoePR
Aspirant

I posted my question on the Orbi app Network map on 02/28 and today is 03/08. Some members graciously responded. The most prevalent response was, "Netgear knows about it and they are working on it." Does anyone have any updates?
Message 10 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Still happening on Android. No updates. Hopefully by next Orbi App update should see something. 

Message 11 of 26
StevieDo
Tutor

I first pointed this out on Feb. 18. What is taking so long to fix this?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/RBR750-orbi-Android-App-no-Network-Map/m-p/2297320/highlig... 

Message 12 of 26
DrJoePR
Aspirant

StevieDo, I'm so disappointed with Netgear on so many levels. Besides the map not working since ever, they refused to provide me service under an extended support and warranty agreement that I purchased. They said they were canceling it because I didn't buy my Orbi 763 from an authorized dealer, although it was brand new. Okay, fine, you won't support your product, but they haven't sent the money, and it's been almost two months! So I'm stuck in limbo with an app that doesn't work. No one in support can tell me when I will be refunded or help me fix the map problem! I should have purchased TP-link X-75. I would have service and WiFI 6e.
Message 13 of 26
StevieDo
Tutor

Wow, that is not good customer service. I tried TP-Link and other brands and each had problems with one device or another. Only Netgear provided a solid connection on all devices. I assume it will be fixed one of these days. My network is still up and running after all.

Message 14 of 26
NoKidding
Aspirant

I have an Orbi Pro AC3000 network with three indoor units and four outdoor units (RBS50Y).  Bought from Netgear and Amazon.

Using the Orbi app, I have seen the network map for a few minutes 3-4 times, but other than that it shows up blank.

I downloaded the app just a couple of days ago ==> the version number should not be an issue.

So this is a problem with Netgear Wifi 5 products as well

Message 15 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 16 of 26
EricavH22
Guide

@FURRYe38: the link you posted for logging an error did not work on my Android phone. I replicated the error, but shaking my phone does nothing. Perhaps that is an Apple technique to shake your phone to bring up the bug reporting?
If there was a different way to report a bug (other than posting on this forum, I'd be happy to do that.
Message 17 of 26

@EricavH22 wrote:
...but shaking my phone does nothing. Perhaps that is an Apple technique to shake your phone to bring up the bug reporting?

It is an Android thing. But it may depend on your Android device.

It works here and can be a nuisance when you put the phone down too quickly.

If there was a different way to report a bug (other than posting on this forum, I'd be happy to do that.

Try the apps page in Google App Store and look for the Developer Contact.

Message 18 of 26
StevieDo
Tutor

Shaking my Android works...I reported this bug a long time ago. Unfortunately, Netgear has not fixed it nor do they bother to acknowledge the problem or give an update.

Message 19 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Been checking both Apple and Android and Orbi app is working to connect and display Device Manager items. 

I did pass this onto NG for review. 

Message 20 of 26
StevieDo
Tutor

Thanks...not sure what you mean by device manager items. I think it was a recent Android software update that causes the Network Map to not display 99% of the time...I have seen it come on briefly, but most of the time not.

Message 21 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

People are posting that Device Manager and Network Map items don't seem to be working recently. 

Don't know what the exact cause it. I did pass this onto NG so they seem to be aware of it. Others have been posting that something happened over night and there app seems to be working now. 

Message 22 of 26
StevieDo
Tutor

Thanks...no, my devices have always shown up properly.

Message 23 of 26
StevieDo
Tutor

The only annoyance is that for my HP Laptop, Orbi says it is a Dell. I went into the desktop app and can edit the device model, but not manufacturer.

Message 24 of 26
lesKilby
Aspirant

i am also having the same problem ( yes upgraded to the latest software) no network map..

Message 25 of 26
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7