Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not able to sign into Orbi app on Android after reinstalling app

rockymtndew
Aspirant

Not able to sign into Orbi app on Android after reinstalling app

I reinstalled the Orbi app on my Android v.10.  When signing in a screen briefly appears saying that it does not recognize the device and that it is sending a push notification, then it immediately goes to a page saying access denied.

The router works fine, I am able to log into the router via my notebook, and I am able to log into my netgear account online.

ONLY the app is denying me.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
rockymtndew
Aspirant

Re: Not able to sign into Orbi app on Android after reinstalling app

I found a work around.

I selected the option to have Netgear send me a one-time use password.  They emailed it to me and when I used the one-time password, it allowed me to log into the app.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Orbi system model do you have?

FW version loaded on the Orbi system? 

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Be sure the device is connected to the Orbi system and not some other system. Getting message like that mean the app can't detect the Orbi system due to not being connected at the Orbi system or your connected to something else. 

Message 2 of 8
rockymtndew
Aspirant

The model of router is the 860. FW is V7.2.4.5.   MAC address is not randomized and the phone is logged into the correct router.  I have also deleted and reinstalled the app twice. Restarted the phone, and changed the admin password on the router. Still not working.

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@rockymtndew wrote:

I reinstalled the Orbi app on my Android v.10.  When signing in a screen briefly appears saying that it does not recogniz

Does this Netgear account have Two Factor Authentication enabled?

Message 4 of 8
rockymtndew
Aspirant

Not that I am aware of. 

I looked at my profile on My.Netgear and I do not even see a method for setting up dual factor authentication, so since there is no sign of it being set up, and no way to even initialize it if I wanted to , I would say no.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you select New Setup and use the QR code off the RBR router, on the bottom foot sticker and walk thru the setup routine here  with the device connected to the RBR? I'd turn OFF the RBS during this routine. Skip checking for RBS if it asks you. 

Message 6 of 8
rockymtndew
Aspirant

I found a work around.

I selected the option to have Netgear send me a one-time use password.  They emailed it to me and when I used the one-time password, it allowed me to log into the app.

Message 7 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Two Factor Authentication is part of the Orbi 'app'.  This screen shot shows it under Account Settings:

CrimpOn_0-1714085219621.png

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7