Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Notification Message Quest Wifi Test Deep Link

Toastrr
Follower

I am receiving a notification message that reads, "Guest Wifi Test deep link".  Does anyone know what this means?

Message 1 of 182

Accepted Solutions
orbianon
Initiate

Re: Notification Message Quest Wifi Test Deep Link

https://status.netgear.com/orbi

7th July 2023

Multiple Push Notifications
20 hours ago

Earlier today, Orbi App users were sent multiple push notifications about guest WiFi. If you received one of these notifications, you can safely ignore it. The notifications were sent accidentally during an internal test. We apologize for any inconvenience.

View solution in original post

Message 179 of 182

All Replies
DelegatorNH
Tutor

RBR50 & RBS50: Notifications on iPhone labeled “Guest WiFi PN” with text"Guest WiFi Test deep link"

Today I received multiple notifications on my phone as shown here. Any idea what is going on? Clicking on the notifications just takes me into the Orbi application Guest Network page, where there is no notification, alert or message about anything wrong. My guest network is set up and working.

Message 2 of 182
FURRYe38
Guru

Where are you seeing this?

Post a screen capture? 

What NG product are you using? 

Message 3 of 182
cdawson
Guide

Re: RBR50 & RBS50: Notifications on iPhone labeled “Guest WiFi PN” with text"Guest WiFi Tes

Same here…anyone have any idea what’s causing it?

Message 4 of 182
LLJ
Star
Star

I have received a couple of notices from my Orbi CBR40 system with the title “ Guest Wi-Fi deep link test”. Does anyone know what this is? My ability to connect to my system isn’t working because I’m away from home today.

Message 5 of 182
pemell
Star

Suspicious notification spam

Just got spammed with notifications from my router. First time it happens and it seems very weird. Security issue?

The notification subject is "Guest Wifi PN" and the message is "Guest Wifi test deep link".

Why did I get spammed with these notifications? I'm the only admin in my home, and I didn't touch the router interface for weeks.

Message 6 of 182
ArloPro2
Initiate

Notification Message Guest Wifi Test Deep Link

Hundreds of people are getting this Guest wifi Test Deep Link notification. What the heck is going on?
Message 7 of 182
webminster
Luminary

Me too.  started about 15 minutes ago.  I've gotten about 6 of these on the app on my phone.

I also noticed it very hard to log into the community here, a lot of 504 gateway timeouts.

"""

Guest WiFi PN

Guest WiFi Test deep link

"""

I do not enable my guest network on the Orbis.

-Alan

Message 8 of 182

Re: RBR50 & RBS50: Notifications on iPhone labeled “Guest WiFi PN” with text"Guest WiFi Tes

Same here. Five alerts today all the same. Never happened before.
Message 9 of 182
PhiLmeister
Initiate

Same here. 6 notifications of "Guest Wifi PN" - "Guest Wifi Test deep link" and my guest wifi is set of OFF. 
Notifications were 1 minute apart and when I tried to sign in to verify Guest Wifi was off (it was), I was repeatedly met with Time Outs and login issues. 

Hope this was Netgear servicing the app or website and not something more concerning.

Edit: 

Using Orbi RBR50 + Satellite

Notification received via Orbi App on iOS (Apple iPhone XS)

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 10 of 182
marcydel
Initiate

I have the same exact notification--multiples of it. Would love to know what's up.

Message 11 of 182
Thrills
Guide

Keep getting notifications reading "Guest WiFi Test Deep Link"

Hello. I have the RBK50 router with 1 satellite.. I also have 'Guest wifi" disabled on the admin page.. but recently I have been getting these weird notifications on my phone since I have the orbi app.. Reading this "Guest Wifi Test Deep Link" . I get this notification like once every minute

Does anyone know what that means? Is someone trying to access my router?  

Message 12 of 182
aderriere
Initiate

I’m also experiencing this, at what would appear to be the exact same time you are.

I was a bit concerned at first, but given that it seems to be happening to multiple users, perhaps it’s a system wide test? Just a guess….
Message 13 of 182
benrub
Initiate

My Orbi app just send me 3 strange and unexpected push alerts. I'm concerned. I don't know what this means or what caused it.

The push alerts says:

Guest Wifi PN
Guest Wifi Test deep link

Screenshot below. My router is is the Orbi RBR50v2

As soon as I saw this I disabled guest wifi access.

Does anyone know what this is about and if it's cause for concern?

Thank you.

weird orbi push alerts.jpg

Message 14 of 182
Relak
Initiate

Re: Suspicious notification spam

Came here to find an answer to the same question
Message 15 of 182
mm_mm
Initiate

I just started receiving the same notices, 5 so far in a 20 minutes time span.  "Guest Wifi PN, Guest WiFi Test deep link" notifications on my phone (iOS).  This just started today, never seen this notification before, and just started around 09:40 PST.  What does this mean?  I have the Orbi AC2200 (RBR20 with 3 satellites).   MY Guest Wifi is OFF right now, this is why it is so puzzling....

Message 16 of 182
Jake01
Initiate

Seeing this too, same behavior.

Message 17 of 182
JRisJunior
Initiate

My guess is someone on their Orbi app team is testing in production and they don't know it.

I'm gonna file a support ticket or something to try and get something their way.

Message 18 of 182
Cyberdoggie
Initiate

I'm getting these messages popping up on my iPhone. Anyone know why these started to appear? I wasn't doing anything unusual ... Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 10.00.14 AM.png

Message 20 of 182
CarMD
Tutor

Re: Guest Wi-Fi deep link test

Started getting these messages at 12:45 EDT.  Hope someone responds soon.  It's weird.

Message 19 of 182
swtx
Initiate

Same here. Just started receiving multiple "Guest WiFi Test deep link" notifications. Unable to locate any information regarding the notification. Additionally I don't have a Guest WiFi network enabled.

Message 21 of 182
MAS10LC
Initiate

Need help with understanding an odd Orbi notification on my phone

Hi.  I've used the RBR50 for several years now - works great.  But today, for the first time, I started receiving a notification on my phone that I don't understand.  The notification title is "Guest Wifi PN" and the text below that reads "Guest Wifi Test deep link".  It seemed to be a legit notification on my phone, so I clicked on it and it asked me to login to the app.  I began to wonder if this was a phishing attempt, so I did not log in.  I tried searching online for what this message means and found no search results.  So, I thought I'd try here - is anyone aware of what this message means?  Is someone trying to use my wifi?  Is it a NetGear test?  Do I need to take any further precautions or can I disregard it?  Any help or insights related to this would be appreciated - thank you.

Message 22 of 182
Chptrk
Initiate

I just started getting alerts from the Orbi App saying “Guest WiFi Test Deep Link”. What does that mean? I’m not connected to the Orbi from my app now as I don’t have remote connection enabled so I’m not 100% sure it’s coming from my home network, but I’m not connected to any WiFi at the moment.

Message 23 of 182
BrandyBoo812
Initiate

Re: Notification Message Guest Wifi Test Deep Link

I’m getting this as well despite my Guest network being deactivated…
Message 24 of 182
mattwilli18
Initiate

Just got the same on my mobile device.

Message 25 of 182
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7