Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi APP

wifiblues
Luminary

Orbi APP

hi there -

Iorbi 1.pngorbi 2.png

hi there - I am using the RBK 752 and am up to the current fw for both the router and satellite - when i launch the Orbi App, it does not show the router - just shows a spinning circle and no router - then after i tap on the first page, the second page shows the router as an older 750 router not the AX 750 router - the satellites are correctly pictured.

What's more frustrating is the fact that I have shaken my phone and described the issue many many times - with NO response.

why is this?

unhappy with the Orbi responsiveness!

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi APP

@wifiblues wrote:

the second page shows the router as an older 750 router not the AX 750 router - the satellites are correctly pictured.

The picture appears to be of the original RBR50 product.  What @FURRYe38 pointed out is that you are correct.  The  iOS version of the Orbi app has been reported to not display the router picture on the network diagram.  (I do not recall a report that the app displays the wrong picture, but having the Android app I have not followed the discussion of the iOS app very closely.)

@wifiblues wrote:

What's more frustrating is the fact that I have shaken my phone and described the issue many many times - with NO response.

You did not get the "Thank You" promised in this post:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/m-p/2140980#M3630 

Message 3 of 6
wifiblues
Luminary

i am not seeking a Thank you for sending the picture to the Orbi app team - just an acknowledgement that there is an issue.  I understand they may not be able to fix the issue right away but if one is reporting the issue through the app which uses an email address to send - should there be a response - acknowledging that it was received?  I would hope so but I guess not.

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

From the wording of that post, my impression was that the "Thank You" would appear briefly on the phone itself.  Maybe they ask for an email address in case there is something unclear in the bug report or they want to ask for more information.  Puts me in mind of the famous "Bug Letter": https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-bedbug-letter/ 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

When submitting thru the Orbi app, you only get a submitted responce. NG doesn't seem to replay that they got the submission from users. 

Again, this is a known issue and NG is aware of it. 

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7