Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App keeps refreshing after login

LASwxman
Star

Orbi App keeps refreshing after login

I have been having an issue with the Orbi App for the last few months. The App works fine at login. I get to the main status page. 

However, every few seconds the app refreshes the main status page. You can tell this by the screen going through a quick split second reset (flicker or sorts). If I go into the menu system (top-left) it will refresh and kick me back out to the main status screen. This happens every 3-6 seconds or so. Very annoying.

This happens whether I am connected via wifi or connected via remote (on cell network). So its clearly not a wifi issue.  

Vitals:

Orbi RBK752 + 1 Satellite

Orbi App version 2.10.5.1633 (although it happened with previous versions too)

Orbi Firmware VersionV3.2.18.2_1.4.14

Samsung Galaxy A51 phone

I have tried the following already:
cache and data clear

full removal of the app and reinstall (with cache and data clear)

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
physast
Guide

I am having the same issue. THe refresh makes it almost impossible to use the app for anything useful.

Message 2 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@LASwxman wrote:

I have been having an issue with the Orbi App for the last few months. The App works fine at login. I get to the main status page. 

However, every few seconds the app refreshes the main status page. You can tell this by the screen going through a quick split second reset (flicker or sorts). If I go into the menu system (top-left) it will refresh and kick me back out to the main status screen. This happens every 3-6 seconds or so. Very annoying.

This happens whether I am connected via wifi or connected via remote (on cell network). So its clearly not a wifi issue.  

Vitals:

Orbi RBK752 + 1 Satellite

Orbi App version 2.10.5.1633 (although it happened with previous versions too)

Orbi Firmware VersionV3.2.18.2_1.4.14

Samsung Galaxy A51 phone

I have tried the following already:
cache and data clear

full removal of the app and reinstall (with cache and data clear)

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Try removing the app and re-installing it?

@physast wrote:

I am having the same issue. THe refresh makes it almost impossible to use the app for anything useful.

Message 4 of 13
physast
Guide

Just tried uninstalling and installing again. No luck. I have a Pixel 3 and the orbi cable modem combo CBR750 with 1 satalite. 

I have also noticed my August connect reconnects to the wifi often. Not sure this is related.

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the CBR750 and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. Once it setup, try the Orbi app again. 

You should contact NG support and open a support ticket on this. 

Possible differences seen with these Pixel phones vs others. 

@physast wrote:

Just tried uninstalling and installing again. No luck. I have a Pixel 3 and the orbi cable modem combo CBR750 with 1 satalite. 

I have also noticed my August connect reconnects to the wifi often. Not sure this is related.

Message 6 of 13
sgreenblatt
Aspirant

Same issue. I'm running the app on my OnePlus 7T.

Message 7 of 13
LASwxman
Star

Okay, I will give this a try on the weekend and let you know how it goes. If I get the same behavior I will open a ticket. 

Thanks again for the assistance. 

Message 8 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 13
LASwxman
Star

Ok, it took me awhile to get around to this. But factory reset as described was accompished today. This along with wiping out the app on my phone at the same time. Fresh as I can make it. 

Long story short, same issue. Question for you FURRYe38 , how to do you put in for a trouble ticket. Sorry for the dumb question. But I looked around the site and can't seem to find it. Can't find it on myNetgear site either. 

Thanks

Todd

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Is it only happening on the one mobile device? Can you try a different mobile device? 

Try here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

Also send @Christian_R a PM as well...

@LASwxman wrote:

Ok, it took me awhile to get around to this. But factory reset as described was accompished today. This along with wiping out the app on my phone at the same time. Fresh as I can make it. 

Long story short, same issue. Question for you FURRYe38 , how to do you put in for a trouble ticket. Sorry for the dumb question. But I looked around the site and can't seem to find it. Can't find it on myNetgear site either. 

Thanks

Todd

Message 11 of 13
LASwxman
Star

I tried it on my wife's phone and my son's phone (clean installs). Both are different makes and models than my own. 

I'm thinking its either the app or the orbi unit. Has to be, I think.  

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

And these other devices exhibit the same problem as well? 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7