Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Not Found - RBKE963

guitarman555
Tutor

Orbi Not Found - RBKE963

Hello - I'm still having trouble with my new Orbi Unit. I never did resolve all of my problems with it - but it was working well enough until this morning. It quit working, so I tried to reset it and set it up as new, but no dice. I tried several times. I did get it to connect with it's default wi fi once, but it only worked on the phone. And when I tried to put in my regular SSID and password, it quit working. 

A couple of times I got to a message that said:

Orbi Not Found
It looks like you might be connected to your old Wi-Fi gateway. In order to find and connect to your router you must first turn off or rename the Wi-Fi on your old gateway.

I'm not sure how to do that. I put that into a search engine - but nothing came up. It had a button that said "learn more" but nothing came up after pushing that button.

I do have someone coming from Geek Squad to take a look this coming Sunday, so I will hopefully have it resolved by then. But I'm certainly open to suggestions in the meantime, it seems there's some really smart people that frequent this site!!

I'm hoping by getting this resolved, it will take care of my other issues as well. I documented those issues on another thread on this site. 

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
guitarman555
Tutor

Re: Orbi Not Found - RBKE963

There was a previous wi fi system installed yes. It was an older version of the Orbi. I plugged it into the same isp. I used the same SSID and password as well.

I set it up using the orbi app on my iPhone. 

Last night, after getting home from work, I decided to try one more time to set it up. I reset the orbi's again with the paper clip.This time however, I decided to try something different, I deleted the app from my phone as well, and then reinstalled it. That enabled a completely fresh setup as far as I know.

And it worked, my wi fi is back (for now anyway)

That must have been what that gateway message was about. The app needed to be deleted too, in order to have a completely fresh setup. Something to keep in mind for the future.

Now I see how things go in the next few days, if everything keeps working.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

When a Factory Reset* is performed on a router, all user settings are erased. (Gone)  The WiFi name & password will be what is printed on the product label.  The web browser interface credentials will be "admin" and "password".

* Holding a sharp object, such as the end of a paperclip, in the tiny "Reset" hole next to the power switch until the power LED turns amber and begins to flash.

It would help to know how this new system was installed:

• There was a previous WiFi system that has been removed and the Orbi plugged in to the same ISP equipment?
  • The Orbi system was configured with the same (exact) WiFi name and password as the previous equipment?

or

• There was not a customer owned WiFi system and the Orbi was connected to the ISP WiFi router and given the same WiFi name and password as the ISP WiFi router?

How the Orbi was configured (using the web interface* or the Orbi 'app')?

*See page 23 of the user manual: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBKE963/RBRE960_RBSE960_UM_EN.pdf 

Message 2 of 3
guitarman555
Tutor

There was a previous wi fi system installed yes. It was an older version of the Orbi. I plugged it into the same isp. I used the same SSID and password as well.

I set it up using the orbi app on my iPhone. 

Last night, after getting home from work, I decided to try one more time to set it up. I reset the orbi's again with the paper clip.This time however, I decided to try something different, I deleted the app from my phone as well, and then reinstalled it. That enabled a completely fresh setup as far as I know.

And it worked, my wi fi is back (for now anyway)

That must have been what that gateway message was about. The app needed to be deleted too, in order to have a completely fresh setup. Something to keep in mind for the future.

Now I see how things go in the next few days, if everything keeps working.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7