Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app cannot find router RBR50

DeanE79
Follower

Orbi app cannot find router RBR50

Can someone please help with advice on the Orbi app? This is probably the single most frustrating app I have ever used, makes me want to burn anything Netgear related and go back to TPLINK.
So, I set up my RBR50 AC3000 with the Orbi app, was very simple and easy to configure. I logged in and adjusted all names of my smart devices for easier recognition, again quite simple. The main reason we purchased Orbi was the parental controls it allowed, so I tried to set that up, but suddenly my app could not find my router, even though I was connected to it and getting fantastic speeds. I tried absolutely everything I could think of, including deleting the app and re installing, rebooting the orbi, re starting the install via laptop, factory resetting the orbi and re starting the install via laptop, updating firmware, turning off the satellite and only using the modem router, pretty much spent in excess of 12 hours trying everything, along with researching online what the problem could be, but still no luck. Every time I reset, reinstall and connect the orbi, I can connect easily and have fantastic speeds, but I have zero connectivity through the app which consistently shows unable to find router. This is extremely frustrating, because despite downloading various parental control apps, these are all useless unless I can access the Orbi app, as they require the Orbi app to connect to the network. I’ve also tried setting up device controls direct from my laptop by logging in to the modem, but this feature is not available through that login. I am regretting getting rid of TPLINK, their app and setup is 100% user friendly, gives the same speeds, and actually has comparable parental controls, please tell me I haven’t just wasted all that time and money by changing to Orbi, surely this system or app I should say can actually work as designed?
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi app cannot find router RBR50

What OS platform are you using? Android or Apple? 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7