Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 not recognizing PS5 as blocked

AngelPanAmChamp
Aspirant

RBR750 not recognizing PS5 as blocked

I was blocking internet access of some of my devices that I wasn't using. One of them was the PS5. When I went to use it, I opened the orbi app to un-pause the blocked access for the wired (ethernet) connection but the PS5 was showing as offline. It didn't give me the option to unblock it. So I deleted the device from the list on the device manager (you only have the option to delete the offline devices). Now, after managing to recover the device name on that list, it still never shows as blocked, it shows as offline, and I cannot use the wired connection anymore.

It looks as if the IP address of the PS5 was blocked but there is no way to unblock it because it shows as offline, even when the PS5 is ON and connected with the ethernet cord.

I did a reset of the satellite, restart the PS5, reboot the system, but nothing works...

Anybody has a solution?

I need to recover the ability to unblock the device (PS5)

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
AngelPanAmChamp
Aspirant

Re: RBR750 not recognizing PS5 as blocked

I figured it out finally!! Basically you can only manage 20 devices unless you have an upgraded parental control, so if you block some devices with the normal account and delete them, by the time they come back on the list you don't have the option to unblock them...you have to purchase the upgraded parental control to be able to manage more than 20 devices...

At least they have a 30 day free trial...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
AngelPanAmChamp
Aspirant

I figured it out finally!! Basically you can only manage 20 devices unless you have an upgraded parental control, so if you block some devices with the normal account and delete them, by the time they come back on the list you don't have the option to unblock them...you have to purchase the upgraded parental control to be able to manage more than 20 devices...

At least they have a 30 day free trial...

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Glad my parents do not need controlling.  What a hassle!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7