Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS750 - Satellite "Connected" But Not Showing Up

Josephkam
Aspirant

RBS750 - Satellite "Connected" But Not Showing Up

I am having the exact same problem. Both satellites are clearly connected and working as wired devices to both satellites work. But the satellites do not show as connected to the router in both mobile app or orbilogin.

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What OS platform are you using? 

Message 2 of 11
Josephkam
Aspirant

Firmware Version
V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

Orbi Router (RBR750) is in AP mode

ISP Router is Arris BGW-210

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend that you log into the RBS web page using its IP address and update the RBS fw to v.5, Then update the RBR lastly:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

Message 4 of 11
Josephkam
Aspirant

When I check for fw updates, the orbilogin page tells me that there’s no updates available for  RBR750.  I will try again.  Are you suggesting that I force a fw update instead of letting it decide for itself?

Message 5 of 11
Josephkam
Aspirant

I just checked - my fw is the latest available for RBR750.

Message 6 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

The Downloads page for the RBR750 product shows the latest firmware as V4.6.8.5

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbr750.aspx#download 

Quite often, the Orbi web interface "Firmware Update" page does not indicate that newer firmware is in fact available.

Many users, such as myself, prefer to wait at least several weeks after new firmware becomes available before considering whether to install it (or not).  My attitude is, "if it ain't broke, why fix it?"

However, the issue is that your system is not displaying a satellite which obviously works and it bothers you.  In that case, manually updating to the latest version may solve this problem.

Message 7 of 11
Josephkam
Aspirant

Got it.  Thanks for your suggestion.  

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

NG maybe changing how FW updates are getting to users system since historically thats been problematic at best. So users have the option to manually update if they see newer versions on NG download site or here in the forums. 

Think link I posted gives information on how to manually update FW on Orbi systems. 

Message 9 of 11
f1-me-orbi-wan
Aspirant

Just a note that I see exact same behavior with CBR750 and RBS750.  Both have latest firmware versions as per the Netgear support site.  RBS lights blue to signify successful connectivity with CBR.  Connected devices to RBS work ok.  Neither web interface nor phone app acknowledge existence of RBS, even after attempting resets with RBS and re-syncing.

CBR750 FW: V4.6.5.8_2.0.54

RBS750 FW:  V4.6.8.5

Message 10 of 11
Josephkam
Aspirant

Yup - it's quite annoying, to be honest.  Also, because the satellites aren't showing up, I'm not even sure how I could even run a manual update for their firmware.  Bizarre!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7