Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iphone Orbi router app for orbi router RBR760 will not let me uncheck access anywhere switch

kingdillwad
Initiate

iphone Orbi router app for orbi router RBR760 will not let me uncheck access anywhere switch

when i go to hamburger menu then tap settings then open  Anywhere Access there is a slider to enable or disable the anywhere access. when I slide it to the left to disable it.  The error says "Anywhere access can not be turned off whil you're connected remotely. Please connect locally to turn this feature off"  The thing is I am connect locally. I even turned off my cellular service on my phone to ensure it. I tried rebooting my iphone no matter what i get this message. 

I cannot find the same setting using the browser. 

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!!!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
kingdillwad
Initiate

Re: iphone Orbi router app for orbi router RBR760 will not let me uncheck access anywhere switch

Found out how to fix it. on the app menu top row it has the connection.   The connection was set to remotely.  

I thought the app chose the bet connection based on my location of my iphone.  I was wrong. 

So  I just set it to locally all good. 

Solved my own problem.  I wish my mental problems were this easy to solve!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
kingdillwad
Initiate

Re: iphone Orbi router app for orbi router RBR760 will not let me uncheck access anywhere switch

Found out how to fix it. on the app menu top row it has the connection.   The connection was set to remotely.  

I thought the app chose the bet connection based on my location of my iphone.  I was wrong. 

So  I just set it to locally all good. 

Solved my own problem.  I wish my mental problems were this easy to solve!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series